Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America... Are they gonna tae my card away? :(

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

Bank Of America... Are they gonna tae my card away? :(

So today I got in the mail a W-9 form to fill out and return it says it will have to be turned back by the end of the month or they will close my account. What is the W-9 form for? So they can know how uch I earn a year? I just opened an Alaska Airlines CC with them last month $5k CL Please help! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Bank Of America... Are they gonna tae my card away? :(

Fill the form out, be honest, send it back.

Don't worry.  If you were honest and accurate on your application, everything will match and you'll have no problem.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Message 3 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

It's a form to verify your SS# which Bank of America should already have. I would call them and see if they actually sent it
Message 4 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Call and let us know please!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 12
plasticcards
New Contributor

Is the form just to verify my social security #? Or for Income verfivation as well? 

Message 6 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Social security#

Message 7 of 12
duyen28262
Valued Member

@plasticcards wrote:

So today I got in the mail a W-9 form to fill out and return it says it will have to be turned back by the end of the month or they will close my account. What is the W-9 form for? So they can know how uch I earn a year? I just opened an Alaska Airlines CC with them last month $5k CL Please help! 

99% sounded like a SCAM. I strongly advise NOT FILL OUT any form. Call the number on the back of your card and tell them about this letter. Most likely they will tell you that it is a scam. 

FICO TU 656 (Barclays 07/15/14) - FICO EQ 650 (DCU 07/25/14) - ? FICO EX ?
 photo 9ed69652-dfc4-4961-b6ba-f0cf0ae5d607.png
BBT Visa Signature $7,000
Message 8 of 12
plasticcards
New Contributor

Yes, I will call. But the paper looks legit with the envelope bank of america logo and everything. It also says to mail it and or go to any branch and talk to a represenative perhaps because last time i did busineess with them i had a different name since i had aname change. Perhaps thats the reason? 

Message 9 of 12
wmweeza
Established Contributor

First, it'll be just fine, they won't close your account unless you do nothing IF the letter is from them. I agree though, even if it has a logo on it it sounds a little strange. I have banked with them for 8 yeras now and never had that happen. I'd take it to your bank, if it's real, fill it out, if not they can advise you

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.