Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Change In Terms

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Bank Of America Change In Terms

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm...This is a very interesting read especially for a college kid like myself haha. I only spend a few bucks a month on scratch offs, but rarely ever carry cash so this could help if it's legal in Indiana Smiley Happy

Like i said, this state is scratch-off mania Smiley Very Happy

Every convenience store and gas station you walk in you have to wait in line until the peeps in front of you pour over their hourly choices such as Triple Dipple 8's or Mad Cash 7's or whatever. LoL

Message 11 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I just do not buy them. Rather splurge on a needless materialistic item. Knew someone that thought lottery was a retirement plan. I can see addictions to machines, but the odds of breaking even a lot better with those, than 800 month lottery!
Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j615 wrote:

Interesting. From what I remember, someone tried buying scratchers with their CC at a Chevron here (California) and the clerk only accepted cash or debit. Has anyone ever used CC for lottery tickets?

Yes, a few times back in my better credit days. Not intentionally, but rather the cashier was being "helpful" and put it all in one transaction. The cashiers in those few instances didn't manually add the amount on, they had scanned the UPCs of the tickets, so it was clearly a lottery purchase. First time it happened, I did a double-take, thinking the cashier forgot to charge me for the instant tickets, but then looked again at my receipt and there it was - on my Amex.

In recent years, lotteries have been looking towards credit card acceptance to grow sales. New York Lottery is among the more aggressive, and point out that credit card purchases are permitted by the lottery, and that lottery retailers should accept them, though they don't have to. Also, many state lotteries directly sell subscriptions over the phone / internet and accept credit cards for such purchases.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny that I should come across this today.

Yesterday was like the second time I have ever purchased a lottery ticket.

I was purchasing $10 worth of tickets along with about $40 worth of items at CVS.

I obviously wanted to use my CC for cashback but the cashier said it had to be cash or debit.

First time I have used my debit card in over a year, and it was strange having to enter a PIN.

Should of asked to do seperate transactions Smiley Indifferent

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditmagic7 Oh yeah this state is crazy for scratch off haha Smiley Very Happy
I live in the South Bend area and I see people going into gas stations all the time buying $50 scratch offs or even $100 scratch offs! And I feel bad buying a few $1 scratch offs haha! But are you sure CC's can he used for scratch offs? Because I remember the last time I tried at a 7-11 they said it was cash only?
Message 15 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@CreditMagic7 Oh yeah this state is crazy for scratch off haha Smiley Very Happy
I live in the South Bend area and I see people going into gas stations all the time buying $50 scratch offs or even $100 scratch offs! And I feel bad buying a few $1 scratch offs haha! But are you sure CC's can he used for scratch offs? Because I remember the last time I tried at a 7-11 they said it was cash only?

I'm all the way on the other end from your locale down here near Santa Claus off I-64, Holiday World is a short skip of a drive of only, 15-20 minutes.

To answer that i honestly really have no idea and i won't test that either, but out of dumb curiosity now i'll ask the next time i drop into a gas station or convenience store. Such transactions may very well not allowed i dunno yet.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey thats where the almighty Jay Cutler is from! Lol. 

But I always wanted to drive down there solely to enjoy that waterpark. I've heard it's one of the best in the country! 

Anyways yeah I wouldn't want to test that either because I don't want to pay a dumb cash advance fee if that's how it's processed...

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@CreditMagic7 Oh yeah this state is crazy for scratch off haha Smiley Very Happy

I'm all the way on the other end from your locale down here near Santa Claus off I-64, Holiday World is a short skip of a drive of only, 15-20 minutes.

To answer that i honestly really have no idea and i won't test that either, but out of dumb curiosity now i'll ask the next time i drop into a gas station or convenience store. Such transactions may very well not allowed i dunno yet.

In the capital, and it's a big no-no in Indiana. The only time I purchased them was on behalf of my grandmother because of some powerball jackpot and had no idea about the rule. It's considered gaming by the state so it's cash/cash equivilant only. The state doesn't want to be responsible for helping the cycle of debt for those that are addicted - charge a number of tickets, lose, charge more, only make min payments, buy more tickets, and repeat. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.