cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Credit Card Options!

tag
huntman21014

Bank Of America Credit Card Options!

Hey everyone I have been trying to be good and garden but really wanted the BofA Better Balance Rewards card as I do have a 0% APR card expring soon and will need to carry a balance of around $700.  I tried applying for it but was declined due to the usual factors.  Too many recent credit pulls as I got a bit happy with the app button.

I decided to call in to see if I could transfer some credit from my Cash Rewards Signature card and they said it wouldn't be a problem so I had 10k avaliable on that card so I just transferred $2500 to the new card.  They set the card up immediately and when I looked I saw that the tempting CLI love button was there.  I figured it couldn't hurt so I entered my same income info for the app that was declined and got an instant $2500 increase to $5k.

Just an option for some people who have avaliable credit on their BofA cards and want a different card with the bank.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Bank Of America Credit Card Options!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
noobody
Established Contributor

that love button you just push, is another hard pull, at least it was for me.

i was declined CLI 2 years ago for the reason like  "not enough usage of the current credit line"

it was true, i only put $500/year usage on that 5K card just to keep it alive 

went right back to SD

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 3 of 6
huntman21014

I have never had a hard pull for a CLI with BofA and myfico is showing only the one pull for the application.  It's a Visa Siggy though so maybe since its NPSL they don't do a hard pull for your upper limit Credit Limit?

Message 4 of 6
GOldfishes
Contributor

I have done two CLI via the button on the website for BoA and both resulted in a HP on TU. 900->2,500>6,500. The last one put me over 5k and my card is in the process of being converted to visa siggy.

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@huntman21014 wrote:

I have never had a hard pull for a CLI with BofA and myfico is showing only the one pull for the application.  It's a Visa Siggy though so maybe since its NPSL they don't do a hard pull for your upper limit Credit Limit?

Sorry to say you got a HP but well worth itSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.