cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Credit card Secured Changing to Unsecured after 6 month.

tag
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Bank Of America Credit card Secured Changing to Unsecured after 6 month.

I opened a Bank Of America Credit card Secured 6 months ago just to get started with 3k.Spoke with the underwrited friday about  Changing to Unsecured . He said after 6the stetement will be upgraded to a unsecure credit card plus they will look at raising the limit.Iam expecting a hp but is a superprime bank so i dont mind

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GABrown
New Contributor

Re: Bank Of America Credit card Secured Changing to Unsecured after 6 month.

how exciting...will it be an automatic change or will you have to call back then? i have a secured card with BofA as well!!!
Message 2 of 5
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your success. I don't think bofa will do an hp unless you are the one who initiates the cli request. In the unlikely event they did do an hp, it would probably be on tu.  

I was just curious as to why you chose to go the secured route in the first place? Based on your sig, it seems like you have several unsecured 3k+ tradelines and thus would have had a good chance of getting a starting unsecured cl equal to or in excess of 3k. 

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 5
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@GABrown wrote:
how exciting...will it be an automatic change or will you have to call back then? i have a secured card with BofA as well!!!

its always best to call them back

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 4 of 5
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Congrats on your success. I don't think bofa will do an hp unless you are the one who initiates the cli request. In the unlikely event they did do an hp, it would probably be on tu.  

I was just curious as to why you chose to go the secured route in the first place? Based on your sig, it seems like you have several unsecured 3k+ tradelines and thus would have had a good chance of getting a starting unsecured cl equal to or in excess of 3k. 

I had some accounts in default with bank of america back in 2006 due to a chapter7 bk.So i guess the deal was we start business again but with the 6 months probation before they start on the unsecured credit card.Its important that you always have a prime bank to deal with

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.