Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Opinion

tag
gemntheholigram
Valued Member

Bank Of America Opinion

Can anyone give me their experience with BoA........As in; how often do they update your scores. I have a few cards that update less than a week after you use it or pay it off, which helps boost my score quickly. So i'm looking for any other creditors that have quick updates.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alkalinem0n0
Contributor

Re: Bank Of America Opinion

My BofA cards update very quickly as regards cli's and new lines of credit but as far as I know they always report what is on the last statement.
BofA Cash Rewards 16 k|BofA Travel Rewards 10k|Gold Delta SkyMiles American Express 32k|Discover IT 7k|Chase Freedom 10k
Message 2 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

They report the same day the statement closes, which is about as quick as it can get.

Message 3 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

+1

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

They report too often actually.  They will update with current balance if they think a transaction is suspicous, if your address changes, and, occasionally, for no reason at all.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 9
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

They report too often actually.  They will update with current balance if they think a transaction is suspicous, if your address changes, and, occasionally, for no reason at all.

+1. Mid-cycle reporting is something many people have experienced with BofA.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

+1. Mid-cycle reporting is something many people have experienced with BofA.

+2

Even if a fruit fly lands on your BofA card, it will trigger reporting.

Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 8 of 9
lithium78
Established Contributor

I've had my BoA card report mid-cycle once but overall they are very good about reporting a few days after the statement date. I can't really complain about them. They are my highest CL and they were the first prime card issued to me in my rebuilding process.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.