Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Product Change

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Bank Of America Product Change

Im joint on my mum Bank Of America US Airways card that was opened on '98. She was going to product change it to 123 Cash card. My question is will the open date change on my credit report to Jan 2014 or will it stay '98 on my credit report? It has helped me out with the long history and I don't want to loose it or have my AooA go down.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Bank Of America Product Change

@corymcd88 wrote:

Im joint on my mum Bank Of America US Airways card that was opened on '98. She was going to product change it to 123 Cash card. My question is will the open date change on my credit report to Jan 2014 or will it stay '98 on my credit report? It has helped me out with the long history and I don't want to loose it or have my AooA go down.

It will not change the open date.

Ron.

Message 2 of 6
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Ron.

Are you sure? The bank said it may change. It makes my file 16 years old and hate to loose that.

Message 3 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Ron.

Are you sure? The bank said it may change. It makes my file 16 years old and hate to loose that.

They didn't change mine when they changed my Travel Rewards to Betteer Rewards. It might take several weeks for the product change.

Ron.

Message 4 of 6
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Ron.

They didn't change mine when they changed my Travel Rewards to Betteer Rewards. It might take several weeks for the product change.

Ron.

+1. When I PCed my old US Airways card from BofA, mine didn't change either.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 6
Anf_dude
Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Ron.

They Also Told Me My Rewards May a change When I PCed From Visa 123 To MC 123 — They Didn't. Nor Did The Account History (Open Date, payments, Etc)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.