Contributor
lcbark43

Re: Bank Of America SUCKS!!!

Heck...call them!  That's what I did. I called at my 9th month, my 10 month, I am now at 11 months and finally had success.  But search the forum for the Secured Credit Card number...I don't have it handy.  It's an 888 number.  I had no luck calling the 800 number on the back of the card, but someone recently gave me the number to the Secured Card (its a direct number)...and that one worked.  WARNING:  it did cost me a hard pull on Transunion for a whole $500 increase, but I didn't have any pulls on Transunion anyway...so I don't think it'll hurt me that much. 
8/30/08 Fico TU 678 EX 648
8/16/08 Fako TU-599 EX-631 EQ-589
8/01/08 Fako TU-599 EX-620 EQ-589
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

lcbark43 wrote:
Heck...call them!  That's what I did. I called at my 9th month, my 10 month, I am now at 11 months and finally had success.  But search the forum for the Secured Credit Card number...I don't have it handy.  It's an 888 number.  I had no luck calling the 800 number on the back of the card, but someone recently gave me the number to the Secured Card (its a direct number)...and that one worked.  WARNING:  it did cost me a hard pull on Transunion for a whole $500 increase, but I didn't have any pulls on Transunion anyway...so I don't think it'll hurt me that much. 

Yes the secured department should be called directly when your trying to unsecure that's were i got my luck.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
thrasher865

lcbark43 wrote:

Actually, aren't the first 2 pulls the ones that hurt the most?  :smileywink:  Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I think after 3 pulls, the effects start to wear off.  My EQ has 12 inquiries, whereas EX and TU each have 2 now.  My EQ is about 30 points lower than the other two, so maybe I have it backwards, lol.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
lcbark43

thrasher865 wrote:

Actually, aren't the first 2 pulls the ones that hurt the most?  :smileywink:  Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I think after 3 pulls, the effects start to wear off.  My EQ has 12 inquiries, whereas EX and TU each have 2 now.  My EQ is about 30 points lower than the other two, so maybe I have it backwards, lol.

Oh I'm sure you're right, but I just checked last night and between the pull and the whole $500 increase, I only lost 2pts on my "fako" score.  So not bad.  I have like 6 pulls on EX, 1 on EQ and I didn't have any on TU.

Established Contributor
Susyquk

Just on a little rant here.

My DH has a BofA card that they closed a year ago when he got 4 months behind on payments.  I have now brought it more than up to date - (Balance then was $9000 (with a 7000 limit - argh) now it's down to $4603)

We call them this morning and ask i there is any way to have this card reopened or to negotiate a better interest rate now that he has been paying for a year - she tells me I would need to answer some questions such as income and rent payments (which I did) I was expecting more questions but then she tells me to call back monday for a decision.

"Wait", I say, "this isn't going to be a new credit check is it, you get soft pulls each month as it is"

I get told of course it is and that it has already gone through.  I said to her that I had explained that I was trying to improve credit and how was a hard pull going to help on that - at this point she tells me it was very obvious that a pull would be made and that by answering two questions i had agreed to this (the income and rent ones) as I KNEW that this was reapplying for the account to be opened.  I told her then that I knew no such thing - that a credit check was not mentioned by her at all... she tells me that I have to KNOW that this will happen that there was no way that was not implied.....

WTF

Yeah I will be writing a complaint letter 

Regular Contributor
keithc

i do not like them either!! they called mom about a year ago and asked for my dad!! the only problem- MY DAD HAS BEEN DECEASED SINCE 1989!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never own any of their cards in my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
lcbark43

I'm retracting my earlier statement.  I went on Credit Check Total today and the TU hard-pull has been removed?  Not sure what happened there, but it's gone?  Maybe it'll reappear later?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+