Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Visa Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank Of America Visa Cards

Just so you know, if you want to get your foot in the door with Bank Of America then you should go for the BOA MLB MasterCard and BOA Susan G. Komen MasterCard, They are much easier to get approved for than the BOA Visas and other BOA Cards, Another thing, The MLB and Susan G. Cards have the same 1%, 2%, 3% Cashback and the $100 if you spend $500 in 90 days like the BOA Visa Cash Rewards... Smiley Happy  ... https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/mlb-credit-cards.go AND https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/susan-komen-credit-card.go

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Of America Visa Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Just so you know, if you want to get your foot in the door with Bank Of America then you should go for the BOA MLB MasterCard and BOA Susan G. Komen MasterCard, They are much easier to get approved for than the BOA Visas and other BOA Cards, Another thing, The MLB and Susan G. Cards have the same 1%, 2%, 3% Cashback and the $100 if you spend $500 in 90 days like the BOA Visa Cash Rewards... Smiley Happy  ... https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/mlb-credit-cards.go AND https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/susan-komen-credit-card.go

Sounds good.  Now, how do you know they are easier to get approved than other BOA cards?

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds good.  Now, how do you know they are easier to get approved than other BOA cards?

For BOA their Visas are their pride and joy, they Don't seem to care as much about their MasterCards, Another thing,  they will approve you easier because they are Co-Branded MasterCards, My 2 Sisters applied for the BOA Visas and were both Instantly Declined but each One decided to apply for the BOA MLB and Susan G. MasterCards and were Instantly Approved, is like other Banks like for example Chase and CapOne in the sense that some of their Credit Cards are easier to get approved for than others... Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

how soon after being declined did they apply for the other and get approved... one may have nothing to do with the other as for it being easier, 30+ days could be all the difference!

Message 4 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

how soon after being declined did they apply for the other and get approved... one may have nothing to do with the other as for it being easier, 30+ days could be all the difference!

+1

And BoAs cards aren't the greatest things in the world to begin with Smiley Tongue 

Message 5 of 25
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

+1

And BoAs cards aren't the greatest things in the world to begin with Smiley Tongue 

For a long time, I kinda wanted their Cash Rewards card but hearing stories about their crappy customer service are enough to make me stay away from BoA in that respect.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

+1

For a long time, I kinda wanted their Cash Rewards card but hearing stories about their crappy customer service are enough to make me stay away from BoA in that respect.

I was actually thinking of going for BBR card , 25 dollars an quarter for doing almost nothing is nice imo :--)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 25
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

+1

I was actually thinking of going for BBR card , 25 dollars an quarter for doing almost nothing is nice imo :--)

That actually does sound pretty sweet. Not bad for a balance transfer card at all.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 25
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

+1

I would forego the $100/year to avoid BOA's customer service. It's the worst I've ever experienced. They make Capital One's customer service look outstanding by comparison.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 9 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

+1

I would forego the $100/year to avoid BOA's customer service. It's the worst I've ever experienced. They make Capital One's customer service look outstanding by comparison.

That is something to consider, but i rarely ever have to talk to csr for any card the only one i have had an lot of contact with is amex because i wanted to downgrade my BCP and see if any prg offers are out there. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.