Jinming

Bank Of America does not need SSN to add Authorized User

My wife just added me as a authorized user on her Bank Of America Credit Card. The customer service does not even need my SSN but only my name to add it. I searched previous threads about adding authorized will boost the credit score. The thing is how the Credit Report Agency know it is me if BOA does not even need my SSN?Do I need to do something else to let CRA know about it?

Actually there is one more question, I had one credit card for only about 4 months. So I don't really have a FICO socre yet. Since I will inherit the entire history of my wife's account(Which is opend years ago), does that mean I can get a credit score immediately? 

Thanks for the help, appreciate it! :smileyhappy:

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Bank Of America does not need SSN to add Authorized User

Thgey match up address and such.

Rarely do any banks ask for social for Auth.  Amex does.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Jinming

Thanks for the reply. So by the time they report to CRA, I should be able to pull up my score even I only had my own credit card for 4 months?

pizzadude

Jinming wrote:

Thanks for the reply. So by the time they report to CRA, I should be able to pull up my score even I only had my own credit card for 4 months?

Yes, I believe that is correct, once this account reports then you should be able to pull a FICO score.

And Creditaddict is correct, most creditors can add update your reports ( or even pull your CR ) without a SSN, they can do it by name & address.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Jinming

Thanks you very much for the replies. Appreciate it. Just need to confirm with BOA when they will report this to CRA. I doubt if they are able to tell me that.

pizzadude

I would expect that it will take at least one or two statement cycles before it shows on your CR.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Contributor
pakman92

Creditaddict wrote:

Thgey match up address and such.

Rarely do any banks ask for social for Auth.  Amex does.

I guess it depends.  It was not necessary to give Amex my social when I was put on as AU for DW's Amex Costco card.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Established Contributor
corymcd88

Jinming wrote:

My wife just added me as a authorized user on her Bank Of America Credit Card. The customer service does not even need my SSN but only my name to add it. I searched previous threads about adding authorized will boost the credit score. The thing is how the Credit Report Agency know it is me if BOA does not even need my SSN?Do I need to do something else to let CRA know about it?

Actually there is one more question, I had one credit card for only about 4 months. So I don't really have a FICO socre yet. Since I will inherit the entire history of my wife's account(Which is opend years ago), does that mean I can get a credit score immediately? 

Thanks for the help, appreciate it! :smileyhappy:

GE does not use ssn for auth user, i did not think it would report but it did. They said GE it would only report if i was married to the account holder. We live at the same address.
Walmart / SYNCB - 4,500/7,500 | JCP MasterCard / SYNCB - 4,000 | Dillard's / SYNCB - 5,000 | Amazon / SYNCB - 1,500 | Chevron / SYNCB - 1,000 | Belk / SYNCB - 3,000 | Aeromexico Visa / US Bank - 300 | Capital One - 500/1,700 | Bank Of America 123 Cash Back - 2,500 | Wells Fargo - 300 |AMEX ZYNC - NPSL | AMEX Hilton HHonours - 2,000 | USAA AMEX - 250 | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - 18,400 | PenFed Travel Rewards AMEX - 5,000.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}