Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America to unsecure my card on february 6 months after i open

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Of America to unsecure my card on february 6 months after i open

@toppers555 wrote:

If you have all those cards in your sig, I would recommend you stop applying for cards, and start work on higher limits.

This is working on a higher limits believe it or not.Its important to have some banks like boa on your credit report.It shows other lenders that the top dog bank has trusted you and hes good for it.

Message 11 of 18
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant wait to see my 6 months secured card graduating on february base on what the underwriter told me back in november.Thinking of requesting cli as well.Anyone thinks thats a good idea ?My secure line now is 3k and i have made like 15k in charges with in the last 5 months timeframe.Always paying in full before the statemenrt cut.

I burned the BOA cards back in 2007 for 85k on my chapter7 bk plus 90k from chase .I am currently AU on 3 of the business accounts for 75k with BOA and 85 with chase business.BOA said that shouldnt be a problem if i keep the secure card in good standing since i have a good income and good credit score along with good number of trade line.Any sugestion would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Seriously? How did you get them to graduate you at 6 months? Which number did you call?

It's not guarunteed at six months.  Think YahComb got it around the 7-8 month mark, but AFAIK six is as soon as you can call in to ask for it to unsecure.  Standard secured card phone number.

Do you think my chances would be higher if i call an analyst when they are open? My card should be 6 months in febuary, i may give them a call in March sometime that way its a little bit over 6 months. It would be nice to graduate early since I only put $300 into the credit limit and I don't wish to send anymore to increase it when i would be possibably able to ask to graduate it and increase the limit. Also by then AMEX should be on my credit reports so that may give me the edge i need to get it unsecured.(wishfull thinking) LOL 

TBH I don't really know what goes into unsecuring early even if I've had a number of BOFA secured cards over the last decade.  I didn't even call as I knew I was going to graduate at the 12 month mark, and my deposit wasn't a big deal, and I'd rather stay as low under the radar as possible when it comes to my financial institutions.  I subscribe to the needle in the haystack principal, though I clearly stepped outside that one with my recent app spree... but now that I've obtained the tradelines I want for the next two years, I'm going to go back to being a credit mouse.

If the $300 makes a material difference to you, then maybe it's worth calling but you're stuck talking to the secured reps as the normal analysts will kick the call in my experience and they're only there M-F.  If that amount of cash isn't a big deal, I'd just sit on my hands and let BOFA come through for me.

well last cycle i was a few days from going over my limit till my payment posted and all was fine! I love using the card to earn all the cash back i can, so i wanna use the card to its full potential eventually. LOL Smiley Very Happy

I was just gonna call the underwriter on the credit department since he instruct me several times that i have been in touch with him to call after 6 months of payment history and he will graduate the card plus increase the limit on the card and return the 3k deposit.Now whatever number you call there they will transfer you to the credit department to credit analyst.Just to note here that Revelate is correct that some times they do need 12months but i do have business relationship with the bank and thats why maybe they doing me a favor graduating me early. I really believe that dealing with bank of america is a good decision juging by the great products they have.Good luck and let us know how it go.

I know they are good for transfers especially if their automated system does it for you, If you have a Bank of America credit card, you can call FIA Card Services and it will ask for the last 4 of your card number and you put in the last 4 of your BankAmericard and the system knows you are calling about a Bank of America credit card and ill transfer you to a very nice person in the United States who can assist you. (that's sotra like a backdoor cuz you get a US person, where as if you call the number on the back of your card, you get a person from who knows where.) ya i will def let you all know how it goes when i try to get my card unsecured early.

Also which Secured Card Number should I call to try for an early graduation? 1-888-260-4696 or 1-800-824-5895 ?? I know the first one is closed on weekends but which one is really better? I know when i apped and checked to see if i was approved for them back in July I called the first one and they were nice and said i was approved! When i added cash back i called the second number becasue i recieved my card on a saturday and wanted to call the same day i activated the account so i would start earning cash back asap and they were nice enough to add it for me! So I can't really tell which ones is better cuz they are both nice, even the backdoor trick i mentioned earlier, i get nice people when i call! (I say nice cuz they have a pleasent attitude when i've talked to them, compaired to CapOne, but that's not saying much eventhough CapOne EO was nicer when i was in contact with them the second time around in the end of 2012! LOL. I've come along was in a short amount of time and I wanna do everything i can to keep growing my credit and I hope none of it will ever come back to bite me in the u know where! (ha ha ha ha LOL) Smiley Very Happy

PS..... Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 12 of 18
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@toppers555 wrote:

If you have all those cards in your sig, I would recommend you stop applying for cards, and start work on higher limits.

This is working on a higher limits believe it or not.Its important to have some banks like boa on your credit report.It shows other lenders that the top dog bank has trusted you and hes good for it.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant wait to see my 6 months secured card graduating on february base on what the underwriter told me back in november.Thinking of requesting cli as well.Anyone thinks thats a good idea ?My secure line now is 3k and i have made like 15k in charges with in the last 5 months timeframe.Always paying in full before the statemenrt cut.

Alright now I am confused, is the CL $300 or $3000?

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@toppers555 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright now I am confused, is the CL $300 or $3000?

Sorry about the confusion,Is for 3000$

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its ok iam glad to help .Just call them and ask to speak to the credit analyst and they will get you straight to them.Good luck and hope they graduate you

Message 15 of 18
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I am truley amazed and in awe that you are getting approved with high credit lines with a BK reporting when these lenders you got approved are BK sensative and known to turn people down with a BK reporting. It is still reporting right as discharged or did it fall off??

But hey you must be doing something right, right 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 18
dodgeball
Established Contributor

So can you explain why you have a secured BoA card from about six months ago, but somehow you got a Penfed card which on a good day with great credit is difficult to get and almost impossible with a BK on your report? 

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 17 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator review.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.