Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Screw up on Credit cards

tag
dzemboc77
Established Member

Bank Screw up on Credit cards

Hey guys,

Want to get soem advice or see if anyone else had this happen to them. I recently closed on my home last month and shortly after finally put in a request for a CLI for my local Credit union credit card. Long time account, Been with them for ever, several loans paid off, several bank accounts ect. It was approved. A couple of days later I logged into my account to check and saw a new card with the new limit but my old card limit had also been increased as well. I was happy and thought they must have been confused and gave me a new card. Today I logged in to find my old account closed, got my new card 2 days ago.  So now not only did my Old account get closed but I also have a new line of credit reporting on my credit card. I'm upset because I did not want a new card, I only wanted a CLI. If anything I would have rather seen the new card get closed out.

Now my average account age will drop, I am calling today to see what they can do and why this happened. Not sure if anyone else has had this situation or similar.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
d170
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank Screw up on Credit cards

Mine did the same thing.  But I started with the secured version, then regular, then platinum. It was a CLI each time and I was told even if I got another CLI increase on my current one, it would be a new account. Why, I'm not sure. I don't know if it's a CU thing or what. I'll try to dig up a CBR to see if it makes any mention of anything other than closed. 

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 2 of 4
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

mine did same thing...reasoning was that my current score brought me into a new tier which enabled a higher cl and lower apr hence the new card

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally bizarre! Why would a credit union have to open a new account to increase your credit line... strange!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.