Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank drive thru-offering credit card

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Bank drive thru-offering credit card

The last two times I've gone to my main bank, not chase or NFCU, they ask me if I want to apply for credit card. (Most recent was yesterday). Do tellers have something on their screen to offer card? In the 5 years prior I've never gotten this. Now that credit is better I'm thinking thing are targeting me. Although, I haven't gotten any mail offers from this bank.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank drive thru-offering credit card

@Duncanrr wrote:
The last two times I've gone to my main bank, not chase or NFCU, they ask me if I want to apply for credit card. (Most recent was yesterday). Do tellers have something on their screen to offer card? In the 5 years prior I've never gotten this. Now that credit is better I'm thinking thing are targeting me. Although, I haven't gotten any mail offers from this bank.

5/3 use to have offers on the screen and I think they were "SOLID" Like the Chase ones that I don't see anymore, Wells Fargo, and NFCU.

I'm surprised more banks don't do it... and the SP's online to check like more and more are doing... why not?!

Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Could be that they know something or they are just pushing their cc's now.
Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

You have pre-approved offers at this bank and they can see them when they pull your bank info up.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

You have pre-approved offers at this bank and they can see them when they pull your bank info up.

One of my banks, BB&T, does this, but it does not mean pre-approval. They are just pushing them, at least BB&T is. The teller told me this when after she asked me if I wanted a CC, I kindly replied, no thanks, you guys denied me for a past BK and told me as long as it was on record I would be denied. She said oh, well we have to ask everyone.
Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.