Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America 0% on transferred balance for 15 months offer

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Bank of America 0% on transferred balance for 15 months offer

I have a BofA Cash Rewards credit card that I have barely used for the last 5 months. Last month I received 2 balance transfer offers from BofA as recorded in my account:

1. 0% until Sep 2014

or, 

2. 1.99% until Dec 2014

The balance transfer fee is 4%. The offer expires in about a month. I probably will not take advantage of these offers - just wanted to inform others of what BofA may give you if you put your BofA cards into the sock drawer for a while. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America 0% on transferred balance for 15 months offer

Mail those offers to me, and I'll use them.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

That 4% fee is a deal breaker, was a bit surprised to receive one from US Bank recently (quickly introduced to shredder) with a 5% BT fee  

FWIT 4% is standard for boa. Left unused new offers seem to roll in one after the other making the date of expiry rather inconsequential.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That is a high fee 😳
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That BT fee is high...  I could see the 1.99% offer being valuable if it also came with a 0% BT fee. Otherwise I would pass..

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

I have a BofA Cash Rewards credit card that I have barely used for the last 5 months. Last month I received 2 balance transfer offers from BofA as recorded in my account:

1. 0% until Sep 2014

or, 

2. 1.99% until Dec 2014

The balance transfer fee is 4%. The offer expires in about a month. I probably will not take advantage of these offers - just wanted to inform others of what BofA may give you if you put your BofA cards into the sock drawer for a while. Smiley Happy

I got the exact same offer on the travel rewards signature visa and on the cash rewards signature visa. (same dates)  BofA has tried for the past 10 years to convince me to carry a balance with their offers... but I hate paying interest and therefore I keep trashing these checks Smiley Sad  ... I have been getting numerous offers like that.  Sock drawer is not needed but always PIF will trigger many of these offers. 

Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

This makes me feel really good about my Barclays BT offer I took lat month. 2% fee 0% until April 2014.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

4% is just a little higher than 3% which seems to be the industry standard. If you're looking for a short-term loan you'd be hard pressed to find a lower interest rate. Smiley Wink

I'd be willing to share the offer code, though I don't know if you'd be able to use it without having the offer in your account....

Message 8 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Makes sense to seek out a better offer of up to 3% max, ideally 0-2%, since they're out there, rather than accept something higher.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.