Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America $23,500 CLD

tag
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Bank of America $23,500 CLD

I was expecting this to happen:  I logged into my BoA Visa account information this morning, and saw my credit line was cut in half, from $47,000 to $23,500.  I'm not going to bother calling BoA about this. 

I really can't complain, given that $23,500 is still a respectable credit limit.  This CLD shouldn't affect my FICO scores, either. 

I know I'm not alone!

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America $23,500 CLD

psychic - curious to know a couple things on your card for comparison:

- what was your highest use of card (larget mid month or statement balance)

- what was your average use of card per month

- how long ago was your high use

Message 2 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ouch!

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop on mine...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 75
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Ouch !!

Good positive attitude though.

Sorry about the CLD, you know your situation better than anyone.

I'm the same way with BoA really , I just don't want them to mess with my Merrill.

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 03-31-2009 03:32 AM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 75
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear what happned to you. I guess cld  is the coming trend with banks and credit card companies.
Message 5 of 75
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

txjohn wrote:

psychic - curious to know a couple things on your card for comparison:

- what was your highest use of card (larget mid month or statement balance)  My largest past balance is $14,570.

- what was your average use of card per month  I only use this card about 4 or 5 times a year.  In the past 2 years, I've probably only charged a total of about $200 on this account. 

- how long ago was your high use  My largest past balance was established in 1998 or 1999.  I haven't used this card on a monthly basis since 2003. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 6 of 75
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry psychic. You'll get it back within a couple years easy.

*dashes off to check my accounts*
Message 7 of 75
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Ouch. Sorry to hear it psychic. BOA cut one my of CLs from $20,000 to $6000, and another from $5700 to $500. They said it was nothing against me, it is because of the credit climate.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 75
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Ouch......   how old is this account?

I am half-expecting Chase to cut my 49k cc line. Actually, I am kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet. The most I run through it is 5k a month.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 9 of 75
score_building
Senior Contributor

sorry for the hit on your CL psychic.  just glad to hear there is not a significant adverse impact for you on this one.  i wouldn't be surprised by bad news from boa at any time either.

silly - i know, but your new limit being more than 3xs my highest, still looks dreamy to me Smiley Happy

with your attitude and profile you seem to be virtually 'weatherproof' even despite these displays from the big boys, i finally jumped on the cu band wagon successfully and can rest a bit easier now...*runs and checks boa online acct* lol

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.