Did you mean: 

Bank of America $23,500 CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America $23,500 CLD

@cobra19 wrote:

Ouch......   how old is this account?

I am half-expecting Chase to cut my 49k cc line. Actually, I am kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet. The most I run through it is 5k a month.

Hi cobra19!

This account was opened in May, 1987.

Message 21 of 75
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was expecting this to happen:  I logged into my BoA Visa account information this morning, and saw my credit line was cut in half, from $47,000 to $23,500.  I'm not going to bother calling BoA about this. 

I really can't complain, given that $23,500 is still a respectable credit limit.  This CLD shouldn't affect my FICO scores, either. 

I know I'm not alone!

so we aren't the only ones.  my gf's card got cut from 9k to 7300.

Message 22 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your wonderful support!  I truly appreciate it!

I'm handling this CLD exceptionally well.  I still have over $120,000 in total available credit, so this is not a major disaster for me.  Often times, I even thought to myself that I didn't really need such a high credit limit card. 

One positive thing about my BoA card is that it does report a credit limit--I'm in much better shape than an individual with a high credit line, no preset spending limit Signature or World card that only reports a Largest past balance of a few thousand dollars as the credit limit!

Message 23 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

txjohn wrote:  For those of you in the BK, it's important to immediately garner new credit so that you don't have "wholes" in your CR.  We celebrate when the baddies come off, but the absence of any credit during time periods leaves evidence of what used to be....

I agree!  My BK was in 2000.  I didn't think I could have credit for 7 years, so I didn't even apply until April, 2008.  Major HOLE there... even though my scores are picking up, slowly, but surely.  I think "get right back up on the horse..." is good advice.

Message 24 of 75
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

txjohn wrote:  For those of you in the BK, it's important to immediately garner new credit so that you don't have "wholes" in your CR.  We celebrate when the baddies come off, but the absence of any credit during time periods leaves evidence of what used to be....

I agree!  My BK was in 2000.  I didn't think I could have credit for 7 years, so I didn't even apply until April, 2008.  Major HOLE there... even though my scores are picking up, slowly, but surely.  I think "get right back up on the horse..." is good advice.

Good luck on your credit building!

Message 25 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got anyone who could help you out initially with AU account to cover those barren years?
Message 26 of 75
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

psychic wrote:

I was expecting this to happen:  I logged into my BoA Visa account information this morning, and saw my credit line was cut in half, from $47,000 to $23,500.  I'm not going to bother calling BoA about this. 

I really can't complain, given that $23,500 is still a respectable credit limit.  This CLD shouldn't affect my FICO scores, either. 

I know I'm not alone!

Eh, they sliced my mom's acct from 25k to 12.5k -- it only hurts b/c I'm an AU on that card and I just lost a heck of a lot of avail credit, lol.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 27 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I'm not alone!

Eh, they sliced my mom's acct from 25k to 12.5k -- it only hurts b/c I'm an AU on that card and I just lost a heck of a lot of avail credit, lol.

That's depressing, Peas.  Is your mom upset over her CLD?  I know I didn't throw a tantrum with BoA, because I couldn't honestly tell them I needed that $47,000 credit line.   In fact, my new $23,500 credit limit is probably much more than I'll ever need!

From what I've been reading on other posts, I should now prepare myself for an APR increase!

Message 28 of 75
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

psychic wrote:

From what I've been reading on other posts, I should now prepare myself for an APR increase!

DW just got a rate increase notice via mail today from 14.xx% to 24.xx%. Can't remember anything beyond the decimal, but it came as no surprise after reading everything in here. Her Amex-branded card came in May at 0% for three months I believe and then her rate changed to fourteen some odd percent. Now we got the letter today. She was never late and at least there wasn't a CLD.

ETA...of our 24 cards in total, this is our second AA. First one came from Junny in the form of an APR increase.
Message Edited by llecs on 04-06-2009 07:35 PM
Message 29 of 75
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

psychic wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I'm not alone!

That's depressing, Peas.  Is your mom upset over her CLD?  I know I didn't throw a tantrum with BoA, because I couldn't honestly tell them I needed that $47,000 credit line.   In fact, my new $23,500 credit limit is probably much more than I'll ever need!

I'm not sure she knows.  I talked to her earlier, but that was before I saw the CLD.  I'm sure she's not upset since she's only used 6k of the avail credit on that card.  She has 800 FICOS, is retired and is pretty golden.  She'd have no reason to ever use 25k (unless she were to let me do a low fee BT to get my cards under control, lol).  It might me time for her to add me to another old, high limit card.

I had an APR increase on my BofA, I hope yours isn't too bad.  Eh, we move on..  and on and on and on...

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 30 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.