Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America $23,500 CLD

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bank of America $23,500 CLD

grneydangl wrote:

I'm also sorry to hear these incredible limit deacreases are happening to so many of you (my $5000 to $700 just pales in comparison) ...

Wow, I think your hit is much worse than mine! Winding up with less than 15% of where you were is awful.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 51 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, $700 is like an Orchard Smiley Indifferent
Message 52 of 75
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

I just pulled my EQ report, which reflected my recent Bank of America CLD.  My EQ FICO score remained unchanged at 810, just as I expected. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 53 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hey la, hey la, my credit limit's back!

Just called BofA, gave them financials again (the same ones I gave them first time around, which were accurate btw), and said I'd be happy with any portion of the missing CL back.

They reinstated the whole thing. Smiley Happy

They did ask what I would use the credit for, and I said that the 1.99% BT offer that came the same day as the CLD looked interesting, but that I wouldn't want to try this with just a $9K CL.

I honestly thought that they might go $12K or something, but not the full amount.

OK, time to go see what needs pulling off the HELOC and repaying.

eta: Holy crap, the reinstated CL already shows online. I tried to pay my balance, but it's already too late for it to show today (without going through paying from my bank site), but that's OK, it will go back to $0 (briefly) when the statement drops next week.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-24-2009 12:38 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 54 of 75
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

That's great news! 

Maybe others can do the same.  I still don't have any good reasons to tell them why I need my $47,000 credit line reinstated.  

Anyway, congratulations!

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 55 of 75
Equinox
New Contributor

@psychic wrote:

That's great news! 

Maybe others can do the same.  I still don't have any good reasons to tell them why I need my $47,000 credit line reinstated.  

Anyway, congratulations!

Aside from retaining your internet superstardom and jaw dropping CL? Smiley Very Happy

Message 56 of 75
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

@Equinox wrote:

@psychic wrote:

That's great news! 

Anyway, congratulations!

Aside from retaining your internet superstardom and jaw dropping CL? Smiley Very Happy

LOL! Smiley Very Happy
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 57 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing to watch out for: I had a $7 balance when I called, and paid it off a few days later. I just use that card to pay for (of all things) my wife's ScoreWatch, and then pay it off before they report, so it shows usage but reports a $0 balance. Well they reported the day after they reinstated my CL (mid-cycle), and my EQ FICO score dropped 13 points because of the balance increase!
Message 58 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Mike14 wrote:
One thing to watch out for: I had a $7 balance when I called, and paid it off a few days later. I just use that card to pay for (of all things) my wife's ScoreWatch, and then pay it off before they report, so it shows usage but reports a $0 balance. Well they reported the day after they reinstated my CL (mid-cycle), and my EQ FICO score dropped 13 points because of the balance increase!

Good point!

I already got hit by this when they updated with the new, unimproved $9K CL. I tried to pay off the balance today, but somehow, by 3:36 Eastern they were no longer crediting payments to today's date. I could have forced the payment through today from my bank site, but the statement drops on the 2nd or 3rd, so it will catch up them.

But yes, BofA does multiple mid-cycle updates, and they do them quick like a bunny, so be prepared, whether you're hit with a CLD or a restored CL.
Message 59 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never noticed them reporting mid-cycle before, but then, I had let my card go dormant for several years then started using it and paying it right away just a few months ago. Maybe they just never reported between the charge and my payment. Anyway, I hope the drop won't prevent me from getting a mortgage pre-approval this weekend!
Message 60 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.