Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America 30 day message

tag
roshan21
Valued Member

Re: Bank of America 30 day message

Well called the recon number and was denied for one baddie. I was kinda disappointed. They pulled EX and said once it was removed I could reapply if I liked 😞😣😞

Paypal Mastercard $2000, Walmart $1000, Victoria's Secret $500, Discover IT $1200, Chase Freedom $2000, Cap1 $500/$300/$200, First Premier $300 Barclay's Rewards $500- Last App 5/27/13

Garden until 8/2014 (Hoping to be mid 700's by then)

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@roshan21 wrote:
Well called the recon number and was denied for one baddie. I was kinda disappointed. They pulled EX and said once it was removed I could reapply if I liked 😞😣😞

It's understandable but all is not lost.  If you desire this card in the future, you can always reapply once the negative information has aged or if it gets removed.  The issue with BofA, almost similar to Chase, is that there will be a second HP if you go the reconsideration route if not initially approved.  So, it's a matter of whether you want to pursue this down the road and willing to take on additional HPs or revisit the opportunity next year.

Message 12 of 14
roshan21
Valued Member

I think my frustration comes from the fact that its not my negative item. I pulled my credit report in March and when I noticed it, I disputed it. Well there final decision was to leave it and I have called and said the account is not mine but it remains. And it's the only negative thing on my credit report except for my student loans but they have transferred to another lender which is current and always paid on time.

So it's like if experian doesn't remove it I won't ever be eligible.

Paypal Mastercard $2000, Walmart $1000, Victoria's Secret $500, Discover IT $1200, Chase Freedom $2000, Cap1 $500/$300/$200, First Premier $300 Barclay's Rewards $500- Last App 5/27/13

Garden until 8/2014 (Hoping to be mid 700's by then)

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 14
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@roshan21 wrote:
I think my frustration comes from the fact that its not my negative item. I pulled my credit report in March and when I noticed it, I disputed it. Well there final decision was to leave it and I have called and said the account is not mine but it remains. And it's the only negative thing on my credit report except for my student loans but they have transferred to another lender which is current and always paid on time.

So it's like if experian doesn't remove it I won't ever be eligible.

I would file a complaint with the CFPB.  Gather all of your paperwork and go here:  http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

@They will work with you by puting fire under the @$$ of the creditor and EX to fix this.  It's really simple to do.  I have read many success stories about them and I have just a complaint myself.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.