cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America 5% Rewards, Possibly Targeted?

tag
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America 5% Rewards, Possibly Targeted?

it was an email I recieved that I clicked an activation link.

After I thought about it I realized I recieved one last quarter but ti was redundent on shopping catagories that my Freedom and Discover cards already had covered, also up to $500 in spending

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@signaturecardmember wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@signaturecardmember wrote:

Hey guys,

I woke up today to an email from BOA offering me 5% rewards on gas, grocerys, drugs, and resteraunts until March 31st. I have not used this card really since BT to Slate when I first started in April of last year.  I already have 5% on gas with my other cards for this quarter but def pulled it out and put it in my wallet since I go out to eat daily. I also logged in to my accoutn and did not see any messages or offers for this anywhere, I had to activate it through the email they sent me.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Is there a cap?

says 2,500 points max so looks like $500 in spending.

and yes my account is now called Rewards Visa Signature since my old product was phased out (card still works), hence in a few months I will have the same boring design as all of their other cards and will either get Privlages or Merrill Lynch

Not bad. How do you register for the offer? 

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 11 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Seems several issuers are doing this lately. I think they are realizing that in the wake of cards like Double Cash or even Quicksilver they need to make their cards more competitive. You have little reason to use a BOA Cash Rewards except for gas if you're getting 2%/1.5% on everything anyway.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What the heck, $25 bucks for something I was going to spend anyways. Thursday is 'fillup' day for the two trucks so I'll have a third of it earned tomorrow. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did a PC to the travel rewards card.  Perhaps I should hold off on activating the new account.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this offer too. I haven't used this card much since I got my new cards and cli's. My 1k limit is not enough to work with. I got my 4k spend to meet on CSP too. So no dice

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.