Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America 99/500 Experiences

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Bank of America 99/500 Experiences

@jsnlwrnc wrote:

@HiLine: no my credit report doesnt show an extra credit card account. the payment hist etc appears the same. just my credit limit has increased and doesnt show as "secured" anymore. they updated the reports within 2 days instead waiting until my statement closed again 

I'd heard from this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Opening-Secure-cards-to-rebuild-credit/m-p/1716738#M477... that the bank would close your secured account and open a new, unsecured account. Thanks for sharing a contrasting experience Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 26
YahComb
Established Contributor

i'm not sure if root had that personally happen, but when the card unsecures all that happens is the "secured" is dropped and all the history remains. The only reason a new account would pop up is if you closed the secured and opened a brand new unsecured account-graduation by itself does not begin a new account history(unless somebody at BOA screwed up-hey it happens)

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 22 of 26
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

@HiLine: Oh no worries. But yea i definately have the same account

Message 23 of 26
Camps
Valued Member

Bumping this thread because I was approved for this offer. I tried to go the unsecured route, but was given this choice instead. I'm actually quite happy with that as I wasn't sure the 99/500 was still available I would have had to go the 300/300 route. I'll let you know all know how it goes, as I should be receiving this card in about 7-10 days....by the way, current credit score is 638 EQ, 670 EX, 680 TU. I've had a Cap1 $300 secured for 3 years, have not missed a payment. Smiley Happy Good luck to everyone on your credit goals.

Message 24 of 26
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

ive had mine for 2 months and use it heavy, i pay daily/weekly to have low balance once statement is posted, around $25. I hope this shows them i need a higher CL. I use it heavy for the cash back rewards. Im a happy BoA customer since 2006.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 25 of 26
Camps
Valued Member

Update: Got this card in the mail today Smiley Happy 

I signed up for it at a branch last Monday, so the total time was 8 days, in case anyone wants to know how long it takes to receive a card. Will update when I graduate. 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.