Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America AA

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Bank of America AA

Well well well, it seems like BOA remembered me yesterday cos they closed my BBR card. I didnt get a notice or whatever, the day before I used the card to purchase few items at Lowes for $21 and everything worked fine. The next morning I got an email that my "card has been removed from Samsung Pay virtual wallet." I never suspected that my account may have been closed so I called Care only to be informed it indeed was. A little background: overall current util. is 27%, utilization on the card was 88%, opened in May with a CL of $1k @0% for 12months. Pay $100 each month. I'm not really bothered because the limit isn't so significant to my overall limit although it sucks that I never got a chance to even get the $30 reward for once but such is life haha. And btw I dont know if this also got something to do with it.... but somehow I ordered my Experian credit report a week ago and found a new collection which was definitely not mine! I have no idea how long it's been sitting there cos the last time I checked Experian when they still allowed unlimited access to your CR everything was perfect. I didnt get no alert from CK so im thinking my TU & EQ was unaffected. Anyways as soon as I found out, I gave them a call and disputed it. Luckily I got a very nice rep who deleted it right away while I was still on the phone with her then 2days later this s#!t happens but oh well....

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America AA

@pip3man wrote:

@Anonymous well well, it seems like BOA remembered me yesterday cos they closed my BBR card. I didnt get a notice oratsoever, the day before I had used the card to purchase few items at Lowes for $21 and everything went fine. The following morning I got an email that my "card has been removed from Samsung Pay virtual wallet." I didnt suspect for the that my account may have been closed so I called Care only to be informed it indeed was. Background, overall current uti 27%, utlization on the card was 88%, opened in May with a CL of $1k @0% for 12months. Pay $100 every month. I'm not really bothered because the limit isn't significant to my overall limit although it sucks that I never got a chance to even get the $30 benefit of the card for once but such is life haha. And hey I dont know if this got something to do with it but somehow I ordered my Experian credit report a week ago and found a new collection entry! I don't know how long its  be sitting there but as soon as I saw it, I gave them a call and disputed it. They deleted it the same day while I was still on the phone with them, 5days later this s#!t happens but oh well....

So sorry to hear that. You should get some communication from BofA indicating exactly why this happened. 

Message 2 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ugggh these freaking banks. Sorry mister. I'm sure you won't miss it!
Message 3 of 15
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Ugggh these freaking banks. Sorry mister. I'm sure you won't miss it!

thanks baller, im glad I learned not to take things personal with these banks so I guess it's whatever. I still plan on calling them sometime in Feb/March to request to reopen it. But in the meantime, im not gonna pay off the full balance in one shot cos as I understand thats when the system totally closes out the account. So im gonna be making small payments to stretch it out so it aligns with the period I wanna put in the request. Hopefully I get lucky!!

Message 4 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

ME, 

Sorry to here of the closing but glad you have taken it in stride and continuing on your journey WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear, mister_endowed. I'm not a fan of BoA either. I have a card with them and they've never done anything adverse to me - I'm just not a fan because they seem very customer-unfocused every time I talk to them or deal with them.

Message 6 of 15
msbia
Established Contributor

ME, so sorry to read this. They got me too back in October, but unlike you I immediately paid off and closed my CR card but kept my Fidelity account with the reduced CL. I'm not a fan of theirs either, but keeping it impersonal...these banks are not our friends, hence I never ascribe to the "Welcome to the ABCbank Family". Ever. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 7 of 15
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

OP, that sucks.

May I ask why they gave you such a low CL to begin with?  You have lots of nice high limit cards, so 1K seems absurdly low -- also, why would you keep an 88% balance on a 1K card?  Not criticising you at all, just trying to understand.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 15
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

OP, that sucks.

May I ask why they gave you such a low CL to begin with?  You have lots of nice high limit cards, so 1K seems absurdly low -- also, why would you keep an 88% balance on a 1K card?  Not criticising you at all, just trying to understand.  Thanks!

sure I'll be happy to help u understand better. Well like I mentioned earlier it is one out of my two regular credit cards that has a 0% APR so it would only make sense to use it more cos it doesn't charge me interest and I dont have to PIF. When I originally applied for the card it was declined due to "inquiries" but after recon' it got approved.Why they gave me such a low limit? well I would say few years ago I kinda burned them on a Cash Rewards card but not really. Quick snapshot - I had a payment protection plan on the card, I experienced a covered event, filed a claim and they paid off the balance I owed. So they were burned but technically they were paid however the money never came from my pocket. So I'm guessing when I applied for the BBR they kinda factored that previous relationship in determining the limit on the BBR card. And if I remember correctly the BBR has the same CL as the Cash Rewards I had at first.

Message 9 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

Sorry op! When I had my boa visa, it was fraud closed many times. So when I saw it was locked on my landing page I called and the rep couldn't locate my account. Then she did and said it was closed and had to transfer me to collections even though the card was never deliquent or anything. So collections says yes your card is closed. I said well last week you guys gave me a lower apr and wanted to direct deposit a balance transfer offer into my checking account for 4K.
I said no because utilization will spike and the rep said no big deal we want u take to advantage of the offer.
So I get placed on hold for like 30 mins and rep came back and said that even though my credit was very good, I've had the card with perfect history for nearly 3 years, all my new accounts spiked the closure. Oh well, I'm almost done paying off the card, and the affect of it has had nothing negative on me getting new cards etc.

Frustrating dealing with them for sure.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.