Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards AMEX

Still waiting here, I supposedly PC'd my Plat Plus (formerly secured) to the Acc. Rewards about a week ago. Still hasn't changed on the website or showed up in the mail. I won't believe it until I buy something with it.
Message 11 of 41
ellimaccj

I graduated from a fully secured card after 11 months.  A week upon graduating ( Jan 3rd, 2009), I called several times to product change and kept getting the run around.  I then went into a bank and the Cust Service Rep called card services and they put the request in for me.  I requested an American Express Accelerated Rewards and my card (Visa plus with a 500 limit) was converted two weeks later.
Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hubby has this card, I love it.  Rewards are easy to redeem, we redeemed 750.00 last year and already at 20,000 points.  I like to get the check back and then deposit it into my MM.  We always get the check in 7-10.  So far no problems.  I usually wait until I have the 50,000 points and redeem the 500.00. Since it was end of the year I put in for the 25,000. Good Luck Vicki
Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this one too.  I just redeemed $50 and only got the card in October. Also, it reports as Bank of America only. It does't show any indication of being an Amex on credit reports. I love the extra warranty coverage, etc that comes with having an "Amex" card even though I'm not having to tip-toe around a real PMSing Amex. :-)
Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason, BoA is really slow about Product Changes. I'd call just to be certain, because when I PC'd back in the fall, the first time my approved request got "lost", and it took another two weeks to get it done. Once it was done, it was awesome, though.

@Anonymous wrote:
Still waiting here, I supposedly PC'd my Plat Plus (formerly secured) to the Acc. Rewards about a week ago. Still hasn't changed on the website or showed up in the mail. I won't believe it until I buy something with it.

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, the temptation is so great to PC to this card for the cashback rewards. But I just PCd to the worldpoints in October. I don't know how BoA would feel about me changing my mind so soon. Mighty nice cashback rewards, though. And without the Amex beast shooting venom at ya.  What more can you ask for?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have this one too.  I just redeemed $50 and only got the card in October. Also, it reports as Bank of America only. It does't show any indication of being an Amex on credit reports. I love the extra warranty coverage, etc that comes with having an "Amex" card even though I'm not having to tip-toe around a real PMSing Amex. :-)

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card.  I was nearly declined -- but called and explained some discrepencies between my credit report and application.  Was approved for $7500 and just 3 months later asked for (and got) a bump to $10,000.  This is nearly double my next closest limit ($5500).

One thing about the accelerate rewards --- it takes more points to purchase things... at least, when I compared my AMEX rewards to BOA WorldPoints it seemed to take more points (especially at the smaller point levels) to get the same things.

Otherwise, I'm in love!  Because I will have to charge things for a few months while I'm switching job, I'm planning to give this card a lot of usage.  

Message 17 of 41
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have this card. I converted Visa Platinum (former fully secured CC) into BOA Amex and a few months latter converted BOA Amex into Accelerated Cash Rewards. All PC's were painless.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 18 of 41
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

BOA was more than happy to PC me to this card. It took a while though, and at first, they sent me the wrong CC. I had to call back and have them PC it again.
Here we go again...
Message 19 of 41
Equinox
New Contributor

I have this card and it rocks. Hope you get it!
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.