Did you mean: 

Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards AMEX

tag
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards AMEX

@MojaveMoon wrote:

@cobaltnv wrote:

I have not used the Bill pay feature you mentioned. I pay all my bills from the online bill pay within my checking account. The customer service has been great and the credit limits are very good. THe card is actually my DW (I am an AU). She had a very thin credit file when she applied (One credit card and a car loan) and she was given a $15k limit. In 3 or 4 months we asked for a cli and got it increased to 20k (no hard pull). I should point out that we actually have the signature visa version of this same card (not the AMEX). However the issuing bank is the same and the benefits look very similar. Of course as a visa signature the credit limit does not report, at least in our case.

That's reassuring to hear because when I took a closer look at the application (link) I got the impression that maybe FIA is going to very closely scrutinize your credit and financial background to see if you qualify and that only the cream of the crop would qualify.
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 01-31-2009 01:01 PM

I should add that my DW did have an investment account and an IRA with Fidelity--not sure if that played any role with the CL.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

OUCH I was looking at my credit report, My Equifax is at 720 but my Experian took a nose dive to 670 mainly due to the fact that Discover, AMEX, American Signature Furniture (ALL THREE APPROVED FOR CREDIT) and NOW BoA took a hard pull too. I have FOUR hard pulls since June 2008. I got Equifax and Experian confused! Now I will never get approved for that BOA Amex. I'm just waiting for the rejection letter. Smiley Sad
Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

DENIED!!!!! Bank of America will regret this. Even AMEX and Discover approved me. Wow, I am shocked. I have never been denied credit before. That's ok, I really do not need 5 credit cards anyway. I think four is enough, don't you think?
Message 33 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

thatdoodjohn wrote:
DENIED!!!!! Bank of America will regret this. Even AMEX and Discover approved me. Wow, I am shocked. I have never been denied credit before. That's ok, I really do not need 5 credit cards anyway. I think four is enough, don't you think?

Sounds like plenty to me, especially when they're good cards. I'd like to get my CC count back down one day myself.

I have to ask, though, why are you shocked? (and mad, apparently) They're the ones who saw previous inqs. If you'd done it in a different order, it probably would have been the other #5 who denied you.

You know how banks are --they interpret a lot of app'ing all at once as a sign that someone is in financial trouble and desperately trying to scrounge up a bunch of credit so that they can move debt around.

I'm still amazed that I got my fifth account approved, whatever it was. Oh, wait, I remember, it was the PenFed car loan, and they worked off the original app, not seeing how busy I'd been in the interim. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL yeah I'm not mad anymore. I have a Chase (Providian), Citi CashReturns, Discover, Amex Blue Cash. So I think I'm good. I guess I just wanted to create some credit history with Bank of America, also. Yeah, I recently got the Discover/Amex around August 2008 and I also bought new furniture with American Signature so that was another hard pull. I guess BOA has every reason to be worried and deny me.

I must say, that credit card looks really flashy. Maybe I should give it another go in a year or two haha.or not lol

Message Edited by thatdoodjohn on 02-03-2009 06:25 PM
Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heheh, funny I have a feeling that BofA is pushing their BankAmericard Cash Rewards as much as they can.

I recently PC'd from a WorldPoints Platinum Visa to this one (Accelerated Cash Rewards Amex). Initially they made it tough on me (the products are not compatible, blah, blah, that's WorldPoints, this is cash). It took several tries - they even made me forfeit my WorldPoints points. Eventually I got somebody to do it. But they got me the wrong card: BankAmericard Platinum Plus Cash Rewards. They did that two times (yup, I got the wrong card twice). Until today, hallelujah!! Accelerated Cash Rewards AmEx Smiley Happy Happy happy!

For those of you who do international travel, this puppy only does 1% on foreign conversion vs 2-3% on other cards. Even almighty American Express (none BofA) can't beat that. 

Beware: If you PC from a card that has annual fee, the fee will remain. If you want to avoid the fee, you have to do a fresh application. Good luck with that unless (according to a couple of the people I spoke with) you are at 730+ FICO and make good $ (yes, that counts).

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
BOA was more than happy to PC me to this card. It took a while though, and at first, they sent me the wrong CC. I had to call back and have them PC it again.

Message 36 of 41
Cstl05
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Heheh, funny I have a feeling that BofA is pushing their BankAmericard Cash Rewards as much as they can.

I recently PC'd from a WorldPoints Platinum Visa to this one (Accelerated Cash Rewards Amex). Initially they made it tough on me (the products are not compatible, blah, blah, that's WorldPoints, this is cash). It took several tries - they even made me forfeit my WorldPoints points. Eventually I got somebody to do it. But they got me the wrong card: BankAmericard Platinum Plus Cash Rewards. They did that two times (yup, I got the wrong card twice). Until today, hallelujah!! Accelerated Cash Rewards AmEx Smiley Happy Happy happy!

For those of you who do international travel, this puppy only does 1% on foreign conversion vs 2-3% on other cards. Even almighty American Express (none BofA) can't beat that. 

Beware: If you PC from a card that has annual fee, the fee will remain. If you want to avoid the fee, you have to do a fresh application. Good luck with that unless (according to a couple of the people I spoke with) you are at 730+ FICO and make good $ (yes, that counts).

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
BOA was more than happy to PC me to this card. It took a while though, and at first, they sent me the wrong CC. I had to call back and have them PC it again.

Is the annual fee remaining strickly for BoA amex cards? or all american express? 

Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the product, the Accelerated Cash Rewards AmEx from BofA (new application) doesn't have an annual fee. There are also AmEx from AmEx with no fees (like the Blue cards). All AmEx charge cards have (rather high) annual fees $70 up to $495. If you really want AmEx from AmEx, look into the Blue cards, especially the Cash or Sky cards and are usually considered "easy to qualify for" (that's what she said!). If you want insane miles rewards (and you got the credit for it), look into the Starwood AmEx, their annual fee is not as high for an AmEx $49, has all the perks and great rewards.

I have a TrueEarnings AmEx from Costco, it's a great card and has no annual fee with a paid Costco membership, but insanity runs in its family and I've had a few hiccups with it like unexpected "frozen card for none usage", "frozen card for too much too quick usage", almost lost the account once when a payment bounced and another when my credit tanked - they settled by dropping my CL down to $2K. For now, I'm staying away from AmEx, and BofA is a bit more reliable on their behavior.

BTW, I forgot to mention that none of the PC's I've done with Bank of America have required a hard inquiry. They do a soft one, though, and may get you a higher CL.

@gl4662 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Is the annual fee remaining strickly for BoA amex cards? or all american express? 

Message 38 of 41
ludawg23
Established Member

Please excuse me if this is a dumb question but it says you earn points with retail transactions...so I assume this is stuff like clothes, electronics, basically any tangible goods?

Basically, I won't be able to earn points if I pay off my cell phone bill or my netflix account correct?

Message 39 of 41
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

If you charge you cell phone or netflix, you should get the points.    

If you use Bill Pay Service, no points.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.