Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Accelerated Rewards Amex P/C

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America Accelerated Rewards Amex P/C

I switched P/C'd to the cash rewards but I have a different credit card that gets better rewards on gas and groceries so I was wondering if the bofa accelerated rewards card was still available or if they would even let me P/C to it? My card is still secured so I don't know if this card is eligable. I will give them a call soon just wanted some input before doing so? 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of America Accelerated Rewards Amex P/C

@mattayy wrote:

I switched P/C'd to the cash rewards but I have a different credit card that gets better rewards on gas and groceries so I was wondering if the bofa accelerated rewards card was still available or if they would even let me P/C to it? My card is still secured so I don't know if this card is eligable. I will give them a call soon just wanted some input before doing so? 

The BOA Accelerated Rewards AMEX is no longer available.  It was retired from the BOA main line up (along with a couple others) during early December 2013. 

Message 2 of 8
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I just called and they switched my cash rewards to the accelerated rewards amex and I should receive the card within 2-4 weeks she said. 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 3 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! and alhtough its not on their CCs page you can still apply for it:https://consumer.bankofamerica.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?cid=2094991#b

Again congrats did they do a CLI?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 8
DBSH
New Contributor

I have the cash rewards? Could I PC without a hardpull? Is there a credit review process (I just CLI'ed recently and BofA has been really really kind to me and I dont want to push it) Are there any benefits to it other than me claiming to have an AMEX? 

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DBSH wrote:

I have the cash rewards? Could I PC without a hardpull? Is there a credit review process (I just CLI'ed recently and BofA has been really really kind to me and I dont want to push it) Are there any benefits to it other than me claiming to have an AMEX? 

BOA PC's are not HPs.  You would need to check whether the account is elegible when you contact them.  Albeit, the Cash Rewards product has a much better rewards structure than WolrdPoints (unless your spending levels are high), which is what the Accelerated Rewards AMEX product has.

Message 6 of 8
DBSH
New Contributor

Is the cash rewards 123 still the best cash rewards bofa card?

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DBSH wrote:

Is the cash rewards 123 still the best cash rewards bofa card?

It would appear so unless the Better Balance Rewards fits your financial goals/patterns for cash back redemption.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.