Regular Contributor
mattayy

Bank of America Accelerated Rewards Amex P/C

I switched P/C'd to the cash rewards but I have a different credit card that gets better rewards on gas and groceries so I was wondering if the bofa accelerated rewards card was still available or if they would even let me P/C to it? My card is still secured so I don't know if this card is eligable. I will give them a call soon just wanted some input before doing so? 

BofA Cash Rewards $1k / Barclay Arrival $1.5k / Amazon $700/ Credit One $650 / Shell $500 / Fingerhut $2.8k / Walmart $600/ Paypal Connect $500/ Nordstrom $300/ J.crew $850/ Gap $200/ Express $450

AU: Amex Green NPSL

Experian: 612 Equifax: 623 TU: 630

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: Bank of America Accelerated Rewards Amex P/C

[ Edited ]

mattayy wrote:

I switched P/C'd to the cash rewards but I have a different credit card that gets better rewards on gas and groceries so I was wondering if the bofa accelerated rewards card was still available or if they would even let me P/C to it? My card is still secured so I don't know if this card is eligable. I will give them a call soon just wanted some input before doing so? 

The BOA Accelerated Rewards AMEX is no longer available.  It was retired from the BOA main line up (along with a couple others) during early December 2013. 

Regular Contributor
mattayy

I just called and they switched my cash rewards to the accelerated rewards amex and I should receive the card within 2-4 weeks she said. 

BofA Cash Rewards $1k / Barclay Arrival $1.5k / Amazon $700/ Credit One $650 / Shell $500 / Fingerhut $2.8k / Walmart $600/ Paypal Connect $500/ Nordstrom $300/ J.crew $850/ Gap $200/ Express $450

AU: Amex Green NPSL

Experian: 612 Equifax: 623 TU: 630

Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

Congrats!!! and alhtough its not on their CCs page you can still apply for it:https://consumer.bankofamerica.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?cid=2094991#b

Again congrats did they do a CLI?

New Contributor
DBSH

I have the cash rewards? Could I PC without a hardpull? Is there a credit review process (I just CLI'ed recently and BofA has been really really kind to me and I dont want to push it) Are there any benefits to it other than me claiming to have an AMEX? 

TU: ~703 TU08 (Oct '14 ) EX: ~701 (Oct '14 FACO) EQ: ~670 (Aug '14)
BofA Cash Rewards: $5,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $6,000; Merrick Bank $1500; Amazon $3000:
Valued Contributor
FinStar

DBSH wrote:

I have the cash rewards? Could I PC without a hardpull? Is there a credit review process (I just CLI'ed recently and BofA has been really really kind to me and I dont want to push it) Are there any benefits to it other than me claiming to have an AMEX? 

BOA PC's are not HPs.  You would need to check whether the account is elegible when you contact them.  Albeit, the Cash Rewards product has a much better rewards structure than WolrdPoints (unless your spending levels are high), which is what the Accelerated Rewards AMEX product has.

New Contributor
DBSH

Is the cash rewards 123 still the best cash rewards bofa card?

TU: ~703 TU08 (Oct '14 ) EX: ~701 (Oct '14 FACO) EQ: ~670 (Aug '14)
BofA Cash Rewards: $5,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $6,000; Merrick Bank $1500; Amazon $3000:
Valued Contributor
FinStar

DBSH wrote:

Is the cash rewards 123 still the best cash rewards bofa card?

It would appear so unless the Better Balance Rewards fits your financial goals/patterns for cash back redemption.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}