Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Application/Secured Credit Question

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America Application/Secured Credit Question

@JosephS112 wrote:
Good idea. I will stay with them for right now but I'll call back around the 11.5 month mark and pretty much demand a graduation so that they won't charge me a sneaky little renewal fee that they would refuse to refund. Also will try my luck in getting the annual fee removed. If they tell me know to anything I'll just decided to close right then and there. Their customer service has always been pretty bad for me so I wouldn't mind losing them.

What is a renewal fee vs. the AF Fee? 

Also, maybe I am reading your postsw wrong but BofA's terms are pretty cut & cut dry and available for review prior to applying, why do you seem so bitter? 

Message 11 of 15
JosephS112
Established Member

I called it a renewal fee because it is the second annual fee, there is no difference in the price. Bank of America terms are stated but they are flexible and that's what I was simply trying to test. I'm not bitter at the terms I'm simply ticked off by the multiple experiences that have gone wrong since I've opened the account so I will not give them any leeway any longer.
Message 12 of 15
knoregs
Established Contributor

See if they can use the HP from the decline to review your secured card for early graduation.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 13 of 15
JosephS112
Established Member

I took your nifty advice to request that they use the already pulled hard inquiry to check for a secured conversion and they said that they don't do that but they will soft pull me to check if they can unsecure (finally!) and then the one nice customer service rep did not just say the normal script about waiting for 12 month mark but instead unsecured me and product changed me to the card I was recently declined for with a limit that will match my highest limit! On top of that she apologized for the recent decline and said she has put a request to erase the inquiry completely. Finally Bank of America was not difficult, shows that persistence does pay off and that their terms are flexible. 

Message 14 of 15
knoregs
Established Contributor

@JosephS112 wrote:

I took your nifty advice to request that they use the already pulled hard inquiry to check for a secured conversion and they said that they don't do that but they will soft pull me to check if they can unsecure (finally!) and then the one nice customer service rep did not just say the normal script about waiting for 12 month mark but instead unsecured me and product changed me to the card I was recently declined for with a limit that will match my highest limit! On top of that she apologized for the recent decline and said she has put a request to erase the inquiry completely. Finally Bank of America was not difficult, shows that persistence does pay off and that their terms are flexible. 

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.