cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America BOA CLI - After 2 months - Approval Odds ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America BOA CLI - After 2 months - Approval Odds ?

I wanted to know if BoA will give me another CLI, after previous one which I requested 2 months ago (around mid April). 

Total credit limit on 4 cards was $3300 while I applied last time, now it is $25400 with 5 cards

My concerns are

1) Will it pull new HP for the request? 

2) Any chances of getting approved ?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

8 REPLIES 8
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America BOA CLI - After 2 months - Approval Odds ?

The request CLI increase button will appear in your online profile.  Its normally advised to wait 6 months in between requests for best results.  Good luck!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I was able to get my 1st 2 cli requests approved with Boa at the 3 month and 6 month marks, 9 months was denied because i guess i got 2 already for a new account. 6months is a good time to wait but if the link is there you can try anytime. Just all depends on your profile and whether Boa is willing to extend more credit at time you ask. Even though i didnt get a massive cli on my last attempt, i did finally make it over 10k on my BBRSmiley Happy. 1 year from 1500 to 10k, not bad i saySmiley Wink
Message 3 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

You can click the button any time the Request A Credit Line Increase link shows on your account, but in my experience they only grant them every 3 months.  I tried when it first came back on one of my cards and they did not do a new HP when they sent me a letter stating that it had recently had an increase, but then I tried a few weeks later and voila.  If you are taking the HP, shoot for the moon and they will counter.

Over the past year, I am 6 for 6 on massive CLIs (one card $9,600 and $13,000, another card $8,100 and $10,600, and my wife's card $15,000 and $20,000) - all were HPs but obviously well worth it.  I joked before that BOA HPs are like Starwood points, they're worth 3 of everyone else's.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustBPatient wrote:

The request CLI increase button will appear in your online profile.  Its normally advised to wait 6 months in between requests for best results.  Good luck!

+1

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I was able to get my 1st 2 cli requests approved with Boa at the 3 month and 6 month marks, 9 months was denied because i guess i got 2 already for a new account. 6months is a good time to wait but if the link is there you can try anytime. Just all depends on your profile and whether Boa is willing to extend more credit at time you ask. Even though i didnt get a massive cli on my last attempt, i did finally make it over 10k on my BBRSmiley Happy. 1 year from 1500 to 10k, not bad i saySmiley Wink

OP, thanks for this thread!

@Anonymous - I knew I'd find your sage advise here!  Thanks!

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, that was waaay back in the day lol. Ever since i got the im at max with them letter , 10k, ive decided to let it be. Why waste more hps on something that wont grow. Hope your grows big time. But always keep in mind cli are usually hp. There are a few people lucky enough to get auto or invited to take an sp cliSmiley Wink.
Message 7 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

“Max with them letter?” Are you talking about the “while it’s not the full limit you requested” letter they send after they counter-offer on a CLI that talks about your income, known assets, etc? We get those every time. Wife’s 1st one last year was $30,000 ago on her card and my first one was last year when I only had one BOA card, $58,800 ago!

Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No K, it seemed pretty definite. Said it was the max able to give in relation to income etc. My last cli request was a denial, i even tried a recon and even the nice lady got same results, lol i dont think having a couple bucks in checking helped my cause in regards to assets Smiley Wink.

I mean i could probably test it out to see if theyve changed their mind, its only a hp, but i prefer maybe to use that hp for something i might really need, considering my current situation.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.