cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America BOA approval after bankruptcy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America BOA approval after bankruptcy?

Hi everyone! I just fust got the BOA Cash Rewards Visa Signature denial letter. They denied me the card because my Transunion Credit Report reflects my BK filed on 7/2012 and/or accounts included in bk. They also review my Trans Fico Score of 658. Is BOA BK friendly?

. Any Recomendations?? thanks! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America BOA approval after bankruptcy?

As with Chase don't even bother with BofA, complete waste of HP for their revolving products. 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Learn the hard way......waste of inquiries.....

Message 3 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Dont worry I did the same thing

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will not trust any credit karma recomendation.... That why I did the app....

Message 5 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will not trust any credit karma recomendation.... That why I did the app....

Dont trust them for much of anything, use the pre approval site for Chase if you're really curious (and to see if anything changed in your profile).  Even their scores are basically useless. 

Message 6 of 15
jim44
Established Contributor

You can do what others have done here.  BoA offers a decent secured rewards card that they consider switching to an unsecured card after 11 months or so from what others have posted on this forum. I've researched and have had a good experience with them so far.

Message 7 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@jim44 wrote:

You can do what others have done here.  BoA offers a decent secured rewards card that they consider switching to an unsecured card after 11 months or so from what others have posted on this forum. I've researched and have had a good experience with them so far.

+ 1.

Also you should call for a recon and find out more information on the decline and then request for a secured product.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! if Chase say yes.....my itchy app finger will act on it!

Message 9 of 15
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Took me 8 years to get in with Chase after Chp 7 BK and have not tried BOA. Apply to both in 2020 and you should be fine

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.