IamABanker

Bank of America-CFPB Success!

Hi All,

I recently had (2) different issues with a Bank of America Credit Card account. One was billing related and the other was fee related-an Annual Fee to be specific. To make a long story short, I filed a CFBP complaint via the CFBP web portal and really nice representative from Bank of America Executive Office of the President/CEO-Executive Customer Relations called me back Friday morning. She resolved BOTH issues to my satisfaction.

I tried all methods of resolving both issues with BOA (Chat, secured email through Online Banking & calling Credit Card Customer Service) but none of those channels worked even though I was PERFECTLY clear in each and every communication with them. I work for one of BOA's competitors and am entering my 18th year in Banking having worked in in multiple Operations positions so I know what I am doing. I actually support the group at my bank that answers CFPB complaints directed at us and trust me-those complaints are given #1 TOP Priority where I work. I simply got tired of wasting my time with the normal channels at BOA. The best part is that I kept ALL of the chat transcripts, emails and times/dates/phone numbers that I called BOA at and I obviously know what phone number I called BOA from, attached all of the documentation to the CFPB complaint and the Executive Client Relations Rep admitted to me she read everything I sent and that I was correct and multiple BOA employees were wrong.

I did not ask for anything that was highly unlikely to be granted such as a Zero % APY for life or courtesy fee refunds of $1000. I simply asked BOA to live up to their end of what was communicated to me by phone and email originally and when those 2 things did not happen a promised and "normal: customer service was a waste of time-I took my issues to the top.

I will share the phone number of this Group at BOA with anyone who wants it. I did not ask if this group is strictly for Credit Card issues or if they also handle "banking" issues-checking, savings, loans, etc. as the only BOA account I have is a credit card. Feel free to PM for that phone number.

May your limits be high and your balances and APY's be low.

IamABanker

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+