Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI message

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Bank of America CLI message

Hi All,

I have the BOA/Amex acclerated rewards card with a $15K limit. I just hit the luv button asking for a $10,000 increase. I got the message to call for an instant decision. If this was declined, wouldn't I have received the famous 7-10 day message? What do you think will happen if I don't call?

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI message

if they deny you, they will send out a denial letter on day three. if you are approved on day three (this is when they decide without call i believe), you will see the reflected change on your activity page. if you do not see a reflected change on day three, send them a message asking about any letter sent out and they will tell you that one was sent out.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 2 of 21
boomhower
Valued Contributor

That is BOA's way of saying approaved my friend!  Several members here have gotten that message reciently and without fail it has been an approval.   I don't know why they don't just say approved but that's what it is.

Message 3 of 21
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I take it to mean that they want you to call to discuss your request. During the last year I have asked for an increase via the button. On the first request, I did call in and was approved after answering a few questions about my credit report. The second time I did not call in and was approved for the requested increase. On the third request, I didnt call and I was denied. On both the first and second request it was a soft pull on my credit report, the third was a hard pull.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 21
colindidit
Established Contributor

Is the first one always a sp because once I pay my bill off I'm gonna ask for 1000 more Smiley Happy
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 5 of 21
Scope27
Regular Contributor

All BofA customer initiated requests are HP
Message 6 of 21
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I got this last month as well. 

Requested to go from $800 to $5,000. It told me to call in...I never did, checked my account the next day and my credit line was $5,000. I would say if you don't see an increase in your CL in the next few days, then call. If you don't want to call then just wait a day or two and I bet you it'll show up automatically. 

Photobucket
Message 7 of 21
colindidit
Established Contributor

@Scope27 wrote:
All BofA customer initiated requests are HP

I'm reading posts by people on here who only got a sp

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 8 of 21
YahComb
Established Contributor

really no way to know with BOA. I got an instant approval CLI online from 3K to 6K, that was a HP. Some people get instant CLI's without the HP. Some people are asked to call in, don't, and still get the CLI without a HP. Sometimes they don't callin and get the CLI with a HP. Wish i had some idea of what causes them to want a HP.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 9 of 21
mpswirl
Valued Member

i got that message when i hit the luv button. Its b od a way of discussing the amount you asked for........it should just show up online if you wait without calling

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
these scores are a few months old
goal 700 club
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.