Valued Member
ksiss

Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

I just got my worldpoints platinum plus visa from BOA yesterday, and upon activating it I applied for a CLI on their site.  The card orginally had a $5000 CL, however I wanted to take advantage of the 0% Intro APR and buy a new HDTV without bumping my utilization too much.  So considering I have a $8000 CL with my USAA platinum rewards card, I decided to see if I can match that with BOA.  Upon applying yesterday, it told me to expect the increase in my account within 24 hours otherwise I'd get a response explaining why I was rejected within a week or two.  So I checked my account just a few minutes ago, and voila.......CL = $8000.  :smileyvery-happy:

Now I'm wondering if I should've been a little greedier and went for the big $10000.  Oh well......I'll just find solace in the fact that just a little over a year ago I was approved for my first CC.  A Cap1 with a CL of $500 and a 20% APR. :smileytongue:
TU: 766 EQ: 732 EX: 759 in April 08
Scores after securing a motorcycle loan:
TU: 705 EQ: 718 EX: 726 OUCH!!!!!
Established Contributor
bren39

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

Way out kool! Feels good doesnt it?:smileyhappy:
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Valued Contributor
netpanther

kewlness. don't be greedy. you are in a good place now.
Valued Contributor
ashabbir1

lol you got a 3000 dollar CLI and I am trying to get limit increase on my BOA secured card by adding more deposit and they declined me:smileyhappy:

Valued Member
OBXFrank

To asha-

BofA will reward 'good behavior' with increases, as long as you pay on time and don't go over your limit.  My initial secured was $500, six months later I got the secured part back, then they bumped me to $1000, and I'm now at $2000 (roughly 12-18 months progress).  So don't worry!  I've had good experiences with them, as well, and I believe it's a card worth waiting for.
Outer Banks Frank

"Success is nothing but luck...Just ask any failure!
Valued Contributor
ashabbir1

Thanks for your reply I have BOA secured card for 4 months. After 2 months I will call them and ask them to convert it to unsecured.

FHRhea

Congrats!
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000

ksiss wrote:
I just got my worldpoints platinum plus visa from BOA yesterday, and upon activating it I applied for a CLI on their site.  The card orginally had a $5000 CL, however I wanted to take advantage of the 0% Intro APR and buy a new HDTV without bumping my utilization too much.  So considering I have a $8000 CL with my USAA platinum rewards card, I decided to see if I can match that with BOA.  Upon applying yesterday, it told me to expect the increase in my account within 24 hours otherwise I'd get a response explaining why I was rejected within a week or two.  So I checked my account just a few minutes ago, and voila.......CL = $8000.  :smileyvery-happy:

Now I'm wondering if I should've been a little greedier and went for the big $10000.  Oh well......I'll just find solace in the fact that just a little over a year ago I was approved for my first CC.  A Cap1 with a CL of $500 and a 20% APR. :smileytongue:

...Same here.  I requested a CLI upon activation recently.  My initial CL was $5,000 and upon activating, I asked for an additional $5,000 and was successful in receiving it -

:smileyvery-happy:  Congratulations!! 

Regular Contributor
NowIcare

Msrn2000 Was your increase instant? Just wondering as I too requested one online and it gave me the 24hr or a letter in the mail statement.
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Super Contributor
concorduser

I got 99/500 BOA card. How much time should I wait before I call them ask them to make my card unsecured? Unless the card is unsecured it will not qualify for CLI. I have checking/savings/ira/cd and business accounts with the bank. Would that help me in getting the card goto unsecured status?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}