Reply
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎07-21-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!



NowIcare wrote:
Msrn2000 Was your increase instant? Just wondering as I too requested one online and it gave me the 24hr or a letter in the mail statement.



Yes, my credit limit increase was instant.  The customer service rep. told me that it would be available in 15 minutes.  I phoned the automated system about 10 minutes later and it was reflecting the CLI.  The account was showing up on my credit report alomst instant.  And, the credit report was showing the 10,000 about 3-4 days later.
 
I didn't to the request online.  When I received the card, I called the # on the back of the card instead of the # on the front sticker to activate.  I spoke with the customer service rep. and told him that I wanted to request a CLI and activate the card.
Established Contributor
BBYGRL
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎10-18-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

I just called to ask for a CLI for my BOA Amex card I received yesterday. The rep said I had to speak to another customer service rep tomorrow for an increase. He said they would have to look at my CR. My CL is currently $2500. That's too bad for them. They pulled my EX Fico early last week which was 730 at the time (due to several lates on a old PIF Discover account). The TL was deleted on Friday and my score jumped 38 points to 768. I would call CS but I don't want to risk another hard pull.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎07-21-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!



BBYGRL wrote:
I just called to ask for a CLI for my BOA Amex card I received yesterday. The rep said I had to speak to another customer service rep tomorrow for an increase. He said they would have to look at my CR. My CL is currently $2500. That's too bad for them. They pulled my EX Fico early last week which was 730 at the time (due to several lates on a old PIF Discover account). The TL was deleted on Friday and my score jumped 38 points to 768. I would call CS but I don't want to risk another hard pull.


I was instantly approved for $5,000. As stated in the previous post, I spoke directly with the rep. They pulled Experian for me too & at the time my score was 783. When I requested the CLI they didn't do a hard pull on me - I checked Experian the next day and they had done a soft inquiry for the CLI.  But, just to be sure, I'd ask if they're gonna pull a hard or soft inquiry.
Established Contributor
Pj1369
Posts: 844
Registered: ‎09-23-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

BOA is pretty exceptional with their CLIs -

Every three to six months I ask for a 3K cli and get it instantly with no hard pulls.
__________________________________________________
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎07-21-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!



pjriverap wrote:
BOA is pretty exceptional with their CLIs -

Every three to six months I ask for a 3K cli and get it instantly with no hard pulls.

:smileyhappy:  That's good to know.
Established Contributor
BBYGRL
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎10-18-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

[ Edited ]

MsRN2000 wrote:


BBYGRL wrote:
I just called to ask for a CLI for my BOA Amex card I received yesterday. The rep said I had to speak to another customer service rep tomorrow for an increase. He said they would have to look at my CR. My CL is currently $2500. That's too bad for them. They pulled my EX Fico early last week which was 730 at the time (due to several lates on a old PIF Discover account). The TL was deleted on Friday and my score jumped 38 points to 768. I would call CS but I don't want to risk another hard pull.


I was instantly approved for $5,000. As stated in the previous post, I spoke directly with the rep. They pulled Experian for me too & at the time my score was 783. When I requested the CLI they didn't do a hard pull on me - I checked Experian the next day and they had done a soft inquiry for the CLI.  But, just to be sure, I'd ask if they're gonna pull a hard or soft inquiry.


That's good to know. Do you think I should give them a call tomorrow or should I wait a few months? I don't plan on using the card much but it would nice to have a card with a $5000+ limit for emergencies. I'll be sure to ask if they're doing a soft or hard pull. Thanks!


Message Edited by BBYGRL on 11-04-2007 04:50 PM
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎07-21-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

[ Edited ]


BBYGRL
That's good to know. Do you think I should give them a call tomorrow or should I wait a few months? I don't plan on using the card much but it would nice to have a card with a $5000+ limit for emergencies. I'll be sure to ask if they're doing a soft or hard pull. Thanks!

Message Edited by BBYGRL on 11-04-2007 04:50 PM

I'd give them a call & tell them that you requested a CLI upon activation and were instructed to call back on Monday (that department may only be in M-F). And, if it's not a hard inquiry, it won't hurt your scores so - Yes, I'd call them and follow through with what you've already initiated.


Message Edited by MsRN2000 on 11-04-2007 06:55 PM
Established Contributor
BBYGRL
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎10-18-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

[ Edited ]

I'd give them a call & tell them that you requested a CLI upon activation and were instructed to call back on Monday (that department may only be in M-F). And, if it's not a hard inquiry, it won't hurt your scores so - Yes, I'd call them and follow through with what you've already initiated.


Message Edited by MsRN2000 on 11-04-2007 06:55 PM


Will do.  Which number did you use? My card is clear plastic which makes it difficult to read the 800 numbers on the back.


Message Edited by BBYGRL on 11-04-2007 05:17 PM
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎07-21-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!



BBYGRL wrote:
Will do.  Which number did you use? My card is clear plastic which makes it difficult to read the 800 numbers on the back.

Message Edited by BBYGRL on 11-04-2007 05:17 PM

Try: 800-421-2110

Frequent Contributor
future
Posts: 285
Registered: ‎06-05-2007
0

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

just curious, everyone who asked and receive a cli what was the apr on the cardand which boa card was it

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+