Regular Contributor
MsRN2000

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

future wrote:
just curious, everyone who asked and receive a cli what was the apr on the cardand which boa card was it

APR: 9.90

Card: Bank of America Platnum Plus (Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing Card)
Frequent Contributor
future

my mother was a nurse.  i hold nurses in a high regard.. much success with your nursing career
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000

future wrote:
my mother was a nurse.  i hold nurses in a high regard.. much success with your nursing career

:smileyhappy:  Thank you.
Established Contributor
BBYGRL

MsRN2000 wrote:

BBYGRL wrote:
Will do.  Which number did you use? My card is clear plastic which makes it difficult to read the 800 numbers on the back.

Message Edited by BBYGRL on 11-04-2007 05:17 PM

Try: 800-421-2110

I called the 800 number you gave me and before I could request to speak to a cust rep, the automated service said that I have $10,000 available for cash advances. I guess the CLI went thorough automatically. I was hoping to go from $2,500 to $5k and they gave me $10k instead. Should I ask if it was a hard pull?
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000

BBYGRL wrote:
I called the 800 number you gave me and before I could request to speak to a cust rep, the automated service said that I have $10,000 available for cash advances. I guess the CLI went thorough automatically. I was hoping to go from $2,500 to $5k and they gave me $10k instead. Should I ask if it was a hard pull?

:smileyvery-happy:   That's GREAT!!! Congrats!

When you requested the limit, did you specify how much you wanted? 

I don't think they do hard inquiries for CLI - But, if it would make you feel better, go ahead and ask or look at your Experian report.  My soft inquiry w/ the CLI showed up almost immediately on my Experian report. 
Established Contributor
BBYGRL

MsRN2000 wrote:

BBYGRL wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:   That's GREAT!!! Congrats!

When you requested the limit, did you specify how much you wanted? 

I don't think they do hard inquiries for CLI - But, if it would make you feel better, go ahead and ask or look at your Experian report.  My soft inquiry w/ the CLI showed up almost immediately on my Experian report. 

No, I did not specify. I asked for an increase I was qualified for. What was that expression, "Watch what you ask for?" It applies here in deed.  Thank your for your encouragement. I was going to let it go. I'll pull my CR to see where the inquiry will land.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000

BBYGRL wrote:

No, I did not specify. I asked for an increase I was qualified for. What was that expression, "Watch what you ask for?" It applies here in deed.  Thank your for your encouragement. I was going to let it go. I'll pull my CR to see where the inquiry will land.

No problem.  I'm glad it all worked out.  I wouldn't pay and pull an extra report if you weren't gonna pull one now anyway (unless you have on of the monitoring services and it's already paid for).  I don't think that it would hurt that bad - you may wanna wait a while to see how your scores look after the new card and high limit has been applied.  Besides, the higher limit will help your overall utilization - You may not see that much of a change (IF they pulled hard - Also, I'd be willing to bet they pulled soft as they did for me). 

Congrats again on your CLI.  Use it wisely, focus on increasing FICO scores and building & maintaining better overall credit.  (NEVER, NEVER pay late & always pay more than the minimum)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}