cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America CLI the day after I got the card!

future wrote:
just curious, everyone who asked and receive a cli what was the apr on the cardand which boa card was it

APR: 9.90

Card: Bank of America Platnum Plus (Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing Card)
Message 21 of 27
future
Frequent Contributor

my mother was a nurse.  i hold nurses in a high regard.. much success with your nursing career
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

future wrote:
my mother was a nurse.  i hold nurses in a high regard.. much success with your nursing career

Smiley Happy  Thank you.
Message 23 of 27
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

MsRN2000 wrote:

BBYGRL wrote:
Will do.  Which number did you use? My card is clear plastic which makes it difficult to read the 800 numbers on the back.

Message Edited by BBYGRL on 11-04-2007 05:17 PM

Try: 800-421-2110

I called the 800 number you gave me and before I could request to speak to a cust rep, the automated service said that I have $10,000 available for cash advances. I guess the CLI went thorough automatically. I was hoping to go from $2,500 to $5k and they gave me $10k instead. Should I ask if it was a hard pull?
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBYGRL wrote:
I called the 800 number you gave me and before I could request to speak to a cust rep, the automated service said that I have $10,000 available for cash advances. I guess the CLI went thorough automatically. I was hoping to go from $2,500 to $5k and they gave me $10k instead. Should I ask if it was a hard pull?

Smiley Very Happy   That's GREAT!!! Congrats!

When you requested the limit, did you specify how much you wanted? 

I don't think they do hard inquiries for CLI - But, if it would make you feel better, go ahead and ask or look at your Experian report.  My soft inquiry w/ the CLI showed up almost immediately on my Experian report. 
Message 25 of 27
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

MsRN2000 wrote:

BBYGRL wrote:

Smiley Very Happy   That's GREAT!!! Congrats!

When you requested the limit, did you specify how much you wanted? 

I don't think they do hard inquiries for CLI - But, if it would make you feel better, go ahead and ask or look at your Experian report.  My soft inquiry w/ the CLI showed up almost immediately on my Experian report. 

No, I did not specify. I asked for an increase I was qualified for. What was that expression, "Watch what you ask for?" It applies here in deed.  Thank your for your encouragement. I was going to let it go. I'll pull my CR to see where the inquiry will land.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBYGRL wrote:

No, I did not specify. I asked for an increase I was qualified for. What was that expression, "Watch what you ask for?" It applies here in deed.  Thank your for your encouragement. I was going to let it go. I'll pull my CR to see where the inquiry will land.

No problem.  I'm glad it all worked out.  I wouldn't pay and pull an extra report if you weren't gonna pull one now anyway (unless you have on of the monitoring services and it's already paid for).  I don't think that it would hurt that bad - you may wanna wait a while to see how your scores look after the new card and high limit has been applied.  Besides, the higher limit will help your overall utilization - You may not see that much of a change (IF they pulled hard - Also, I'd be willing to bet they pulled soft as they did for me). 

Congrats again on your CLI.  Use it wisely, focus on increasing FICO scores and building & maintaining better overall credit.  (NEVER, NEVER pay late & always pay more than the minimum)
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.