Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI

Phone is better! Get a live person credit analyst.

Message 21 of 28
evil_ducky
Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

For those of you that have received a CLI via the love button, do they counter offer an amount if you shoot too high?

I've been told over the phone that they will always counter if they're not willing to grant the full increase amount.

Message 22 of 28
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@evil_ducky wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

For those of you that have received a CLI via the love button, do they counter offer an amount if you shoot too high?

I've been told over the phone that they will always counter if they're not willing to grant the full increase amount.

Cool, cos I was thinking about hitting the luv botton and asking for either 10,000 or 5,000, was thinking if they would counter, then I may ask for the $10,000.  I've also read of a lot of folks using the luv botton and receiving the 7-10 message, then they log in the next day and the increase is on their account Smiley Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 23 of 28
evil_ducky
Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@evil_ducky wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

Cool, cos I was thinking about hitting the luv botton and asking for either 10,000 or 5,000, was thinking if they would counter, then I may ask for the $10,000.  I've also read of a lot of folks using the luv botton and receiving the 7-10 message, then they log in the next day and the increase is on their account Smiley Happy

Like Booboo said, it's not a half-bad idea to try it over the phone with an analyst. But I haven't been denied yet, so the only difference for me so far has been having to answer their question about why I want an increase. I feel less guilty requesting it from a website that neither asks nor cares! XD If you're worried about getting the 5/7/10/whatever-day message, a CSR would be your best bet as they can give you an instant answer, and they can certainly confirm their ability to counter-offer.

And just a hint: if you do do it online, be sure to put in the new CL itself that you want, not the amount of CLI. I cheated myself out of at least $1000 worth of a line by misreading that field!

Message 24 of 28
agent_bob
New Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Does BOA give out auto CLI's on thier accounts? Always pay in full last cli was in June 2013.

yes they do. I've had my bofa credit card for  3.5 years now and I have always gotten automatic CLI's. went from my initial $900 to $1,800. Really recently I believe it was within the past 3 months I went from $1,800 to $3,800 which is my highest limit so far.

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 25 of 28
Shelly80831
New Visitor

I have never called boa for an increase received 1000 limit platinum ak air card in august received 1st increase in November 2013 to 5000.00 and upgrade to ak air visa sig. Just pushed the cli button asked for 10000.00 given 7-10'day message logged in a few hours later and granted!
Message 26 of 28
mattmix36
Contributor

I hit the love button last week. Initially got the 7-10 day message, but later found that my limit was increase from 17.5k to 25k. Extremely surprised by that limit...It is an Aircraft Owners and Pilot Association Bankamericard that I've had for 2 years. It used to be a worldpoints MC, but I converted it to the Cash Rewards World Mastercard recently!

It used to offer 3% back on aviation gas, but it looks like that benefit was taken away! My work use to reimburse my fuel on cross country business trips so I made a killing with Worldpoints!

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 27 of 28
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Yes they do! I got a credit line increase in November, and again just this month, no initiation on my part

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.