Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Card Cancelled!

tag
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Card Cancelled!

@09Lexie wrote:
I'm not surprised if it's $10k a week - even though its secured that dollar amount probably sent up red flags

Thats what im thinking but its whatever

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 21 of 42
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Ok, so it varies... But does it ever get close to $150,000? That's more or less what it would take to spend $10,000 per month and you are saying you spent more than that.

We're you using the card for business purposes?

This info might help others avoid similar situations, so thanks in advance for sharing.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 22 of 42
myjourney
Super Contributor

I've heard the threshold has been lowered but banking flags go up on transactions over $9.999.00 on personal accounts maybe one of yours got flagged?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 42
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

10K a week???? I am going to have to start a music managing company Smiley Tongue

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 24 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Regardless if the CC or product was secured, you may have inadvertently triggered some internal risk flags that did not correlate or agree with spending behaviors, income patterns and payment sources - AML is one that comes to mind that most banks constantly review, and would result in shutting down all accounts in the process.  Any lender is within their rights to do so.  On the upside, you will get your deposit back.

Message 25 of 42
enharu
Super Contributor

What income did you write on your app? If you wrote 100k income but you're spending 10k a week, that'll raise red flags all over.

Are you using this as a business or personal card?
Why not get a business card if you're using it for business expenses?

Your short and limited account history with BofA and your overall CR isn't on your side. If you had a thick file it would have been less dramatic.

Honestly though, still doesn't make sense that they would close a secured account. You left 10k as deposit for 10k CL right?

I can imagine them doing it for an unsecured account, but closing a secured account makes no sense. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 42
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

...and they say the music business is dead.

Sorry this happened. I'm guessing they got worried about your heavy usage. Others are right though. Try getting a business card.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UMM SECURED and spending $10k a month.... Hello Amex Charge Card!!!

I understand you might not be able to get a $40k CL unsecured but I think running that kind of cash through a secured card vs. a small unsecured would cause me (bank) to close you so fast your head would spin)

What unsecured credit do you have that's not AU?

Message 28 of 42
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

What income did you write on your app? If you wrote 100k income but you're spending 10k a week, that'll raise red flags all over.

Are you using this as a business or personal card?
Why not get a business card if you're using it for business expenses?

Your short and limited account history with BofA and your overall CR isn't on your side. If you had a thick file it would have been less dramatic.

+1. Your spending patterns is inconsistent with the cards you have and perhaps the income you stated. Because there are too many discrepencies, they've decided that you're too much of a risk and shut you down. They're perfectly within their rights to do so, just as you're perfectly within your rights to call and cancel a card. It takes two to make a deal, and they've just decided to walk away.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 29 of 42
JasonBorne84
Established Member

Glad I read this. BoA will shut you down for spending too much of your own money on a secured card....... I don't see how him spending his own money throws up flags? What is he going to run off with 10k? Oh wait they have 10k from him already...... I'm not seeing what they are risking here.

I mean if they are so worried I can see them maybe saying they won't unsecure his card. Why would they cancel a secured card? It just doesn't make any logical sense to me at all.

Started: 05/13/2013 - FICOs: EX: 584, EQ: 572, TU: 563
Latest: 05/16/2013 - FICOs: EX: 606, EQ: 606, TU: 595

USAA Secured Mastercard - $250 CL/FingerHut - $200 CL/Harris Jewelers - $2000 CL
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.