Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Card Replacement Question

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Bank of America Card Replacement Question

So, as we all know, Bank of America has changed up their credit card designs. I have seen that a few members have requested replacement cards and the new cards are already coming in.

Today, I requested a replacement card for my Power Rewards WMC. On the replacement page, it shows a picture of the old BoA card design with a chip as the only option.

My question is for those that have already requested a replacement, did it show the old card design, or was the picture of the new card design?

I will update when I receive the replacement. I'm guessing it will just be the same old design. 

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Card Replacement Question

Hmm, I just went to order a replacement for my Better Balance Rewards card and it was showing the old design too.

I'm guessing they just haven't updated the order page to reflect the new design.

Message 2 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

It shows old design but you get new one. That's from one of our members who has done it. I just ordered my Cash Rewards replacement yesterday. The new one is NICE!
Message 3 of 10
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I'm just curious to see what they will do with mine since it is Power Rewards. I like the new design, but I would like a black design. I'm pretty sure if it does change, it will be the tan basic BankAmericard design.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 10
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

I just got my new design replacement card in the mail today, it is indeed the newest design. 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 5 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

I just got home and received mine, too. I like it, I don't love it for some reason... maybe i liked how the visa signature was writeen in bigger letters before haha. 

now it reminds me of all the chase visa signatures I have except for my original CS which had signature written in large letters. 

The older card has more of a hard, bendable feel while. I went and compared both just now again, I like the new one a lot better. The update looks more modern, almost makes the old cash rewards visa look OLD. haha.

compared with my new capital one quicksilver visa, this one feels a tiny bit more sturdy... but maybe its just me

the numbers are all still the same. 

Message 6 of 10
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

I agree with the more modern appearance. I like it, still waiting on my new chip capital one cards... Rep said 2-3 weeks like 2-3 weeks ago Smiley Sad

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 7 of 10
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I have the quicksilver with chip, came with it when I got it like a week ago.^^^^
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 8 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I did it through chat. I has them expedite it too. Ordered last week on Wednesday and got it Friday. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ilovelisa wrote:

I'm just curious to see what they will do with mine since it is Power Rewards. I like the new design, but I would like a black design. I'm pretty sure if it does change, it will be the tan basic BankAmericard design.

I'd be curious to see what your Power Rewards WMC turns out to be.  Some legacy CCs (except for co-branded ones) may retain the older design unless they replace them on a common design platform family with the EMV chip.  I have a couple older (discontinued) BoA CCs, so I'd be curious as well.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.