cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards Card. Hard or Soft Pull?? Worth it with a pre-approval?

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Card. Hard or Soft Pull?? Worth it with a pre-approval?

If you do take the plunge FYI CLI's are a HP regardless of what the rep on the phone says. I was told SP for CLI and the next day I had an alert for a new HP. It's not a bad card though I like mine and have never had any major issues w BOA.

Message 11 of 12
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Card. Hard or Soft Pull?? Worth it with a pre-approval?

Pre-approvals are a dime a dozen, and not accurate predictors of card acceptance. Better than nothing, I suppose.

I would ignore the pre-approval. Instead chose a card with the best rewards in the categories you want. 3% on Gas Stations and 2% on Grocery Stores isn't very good. There are cards with 5% in those categories that aren't very difficult to obtain. The Sallie Mae Rewards Mastercard jumps to mind, with 5% in both categories, but with separate $250 monthly caps (1% afterwards).

http://boardingarea.com/frequentmiler/2012/11/09/best-category-bonuses/

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.