Regular Contributor
Marcos8

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Card. Hard or Soft Pull?? Worth it with a pre-approval?

If you do take the plunge FYI CLI's are a HP regardless of what the rep on the phone says. I was told SP for CLI and the next day I had an alert for a new HP. It's not a bad card though I like mine and have never had any major issues w BOA.

Valued Contributor
Themanwhocan

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Card. Hard or Soft Pull?? Worth it with a pre-approval?

Pre-approvals are a dime a dozen, and not accurate predictors of card acceptance. Better than nothing, I suppose.

I would ignore the pre-approval. Instead chose a card with the best rewards in the categories you want. 3% on Gas Stations and 2% on Grocery Stores isn't very good. There are cards with 5% in those categories that aren't very difficult to obtain. The Sallie Mae Rewards Mastercard jumps to mind, with 5% in both categories, but with separate $250 monthly caps (1% afterwards).

http://boardingarea.com/frequentmiler/2012/11/09/best-category-bonuses/

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+