tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig

@jsickz32 wrote:

@tray wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
Bank of america offers WMC?

Yes, and your cl will report with this type of card..

mind telling me which one of the 3 only MC they offer is a WMC

bankamericard cash rewards 1-2-3 world mastercard, recieved an offer in the mail to apply, you will not see this particular card on boa website and my cl is reporting with this card

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 41 of 46
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@YahComb wrote:
Not sure which thread you are talking about. A few have the cl report in the middle of a pc to visa sig, but once it's Complete it doesn't report anymore. Id bet some boa reps tell you they can do it, only for you to check your report and find out the cl still isn't reporting.

Only guaranteed way is to PC to a world mastercard version, amex accelerated rewards, or go back to platinum.

But i guess it won't hurt to ask anyways.

How long does it take to complete the PC?  I PC'ed 3 months ago, and my limit still reports.  The only thing that changed was it moved from credit card to flexable spending card on my report.

I really hope my CL does not go away as I have a 15K limit, and would not enjoy the UTL freedom being taken from me. 

Message 42 of 46
h4ldol
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

I have Visa Signature with them too, and was a little disappointed that the credit limit was not going to be reported.

Actually, the best thing to do is to do a PC from Visa Signature to a World Mastercard, which reports a CL.  I did this about 6 months ago or so and it is very simple and easy to do.  If you get a CSR who says you can't, don't give up because it is definitely possible to do.  The only thing is you should wait to use up your rewards money because it won't transfer to your new World MC as it's a new account number and all.  

Message 43 of 46
h4ldol
Contributor

@pdog661 wrote:
I really hope my CL does not go away as I have a 15K limit, and would not enjoy the UTL freedom being taken from me. 

My CL also was $15k when I opened my cash rewards card earlier this year and the CL did not change after PC'ing it to a World MC.  It will stay the same, nothing changes but the account number and the Visa to MC.

Message 44 of 46
YahComb
Established Contributor

@pdog661 wrote:

@YahComb wrote:
Not sure which thread you are talking about. A few have the cl report in the middle of a pc to visa sig, but once it's Complete it doesn't report anymore. Id bet some boa reps tell you they can do it, only for you to check your report and find out the cl still isn't reporting.

Only guaranteed way is to PC to a world mastercard version, amex accelerated rewards, or go back to platinum.

But i guess it won't hurt to ask anyways.

How long does it take to complete the PC?  I PC'ed 3 months ago, and my limit still reports.  The only thing that changed was it moved from credit card to flexable spending card on my report.

if you pc'd three months ago id assume you have the new card by now(it only takes circa 3 weeks normally) if your visa sig is reporting the CL on your reports then congrats, i guess you're one of the lucky ones. Most people aren't so lucky, and so i still recommend  going one of the other routes if you want to be guaranteed your CL will report.

But like i said, it can't hurt to ask. I'm just saying CSR's have been known to say they can do things for you that they actually cannot

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 45 of 46
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

That's re-assuring.

I have had three statements cut and post varying balances.  I am going to keep my fingers crossed that limit continues to report.

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.