cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig

Blogger

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


jsickz32 wrote:

im chatting online with bofa and they say that the privilege does report the CL


 

Unfortunately BofA CSR's are not well-versed on the credit reporting topic. From everyone I've heard from, BofA does not report the credit limit of any Visa Signature card.

 

 


jsickz32 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

I have Visa Signature with them too, and was a little disappointed that the credit limit was not going to be reported. I had two options: convert to a Platinum, or charge a lot of money on the card without paying to build up a high balance. Since I like the added benefits of the Visa Signature, I went the second route and reached the limit, then paid everything off. The intro 0% APR boosted my confidence level even though I ended up not using it, but you may find it helpful for carrying a balance while building a high balance.


what if you buy something expensive just before day your statement ends and then return it after it reports lol


 The high balance is as of the end of the day, so you could execute this strategy any time, but remember you'd have to wait for the charge to be reflected on the balance; a pending charge may not count. Smiley Indifferent

 

Good luck finding something expensive that's easily returnable. Smiley Happy

 

 

Message 11 of 46
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

im chatting online with bofa and they say that the privilege does report the CL


 

Unfortunately BofA CSR's are not well-versed on the credit reporting topic. From everyone I've heard from, BofA does not report the credit limit of any Visa Signature card.

 

 


jsickz32 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

I have Visa Signature with them too, and was a little disappointed that the credit limit was not going to be reported. I had two options: convert to a Platinum, or charge a lot of money on the card without paying to build up a high balance. Since I like the added benefits of the Visa Signature, I went the second route and reached the limit, then paid everything off. The intro 0% APR boosted my confidence level even though I ended up not using it, but you may find it helpful for carrying a balance while building a high balance.


what if you buy something expensive just before day your statement ends and then return it after it reports lol


 The high balance is as of the end of the day, so you could execute this strategy any time, but remember you'd have to wait for the charge to be reflected on the balance; a pending charge may not count. Smiley Indifferent

 

Good luck finding something expensive that's easily returnable. Smiley Happy

 

 


for example my kays card....when i got the card i used it to buy a ring, the ring was 4300.00. i made the first payment on that card and the card reported the balance BUT i changed my mind about being engaged and returned the ring lol i mean you have 100 days to return jewerly. now thats my highest balance on my kay card that shows in my report 

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 12 of 46
Blogger

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


jsickz32 wrote:


 i changed my mind about being engaged


Smiley Surprised Poor guy/girl Smiley Sad Smiley Tongue

 

Message 13 of 46
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:


 i changed my mind about being engaged


Smiley Surprised Poor guy/girl Smiley Sad Smiley Tongue

 


im a guy and it was a girl lol i was 20 at the time...anyways im dying here to app for something! i really want that bofa privilege!

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 14 of 46
Blogger

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


jsickz32 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:


 i changed my mind about being engaged


Smiley Surprised Poor guy/girl Smiley Sad Smiley Tongue

 


im a guy and it was a girl lol i was 20 at the time...anyways im dying here to app for something! i really want that bofa privilege!


I bet you don't. You have enough BofA cards! Smiley Happy

 

Message 15 of 46
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:


 i changed my mind about being engaged


Smiley Surprised Poor guy/girl Smiley Sad Smiley Tongue

 


im a guy and it was a girl lol i was 20 at the time...anyways im dying here to app for something! i really want that bofa privilege!


I bet you don't. You have enough BofA cards! Smiley Happy

 


i asked them if there was a limit to how many cards i could have with them and they said no....i want to at least convert mine to a privilege but i wont get the 0% promo or 100 cash back...im getting the shakes cuz i need to apply for something

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 16 of 46
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


LittleCat wrote:

On the other hand, I went from a secured $500 BoA in 2009 to a 5k limit now. And just got the BoA Cash Reward Privlidge card at 10k. Theyve treated me very very well.


littlecat, do you have a checking/savings with a large deposit? i think i remember someone not being able to get the privileges cash rewards because they didn't have enough in their deposit accounts. I find that odd since it has an annual fee and you can apply from the main website like all their other cards, and nowhere in the terms does it mention you need one either.


 

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 17 of 46
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


YahComb wrote:

LittleCat wrote:

On the other hand, I went from a secured $500 BoA in 2009 to a 5k limit now. And just got the BoA Cash Reward Privlidge card at 10k. Theyve treated me very very well.


littlecat, do you have a checking/savings with a large deposit? i think i remember someone not being able to get the privileges cash rewards because they didn't have enough in their deposit accounts. I find that odd since it has an annual fee and you can apply from the main website like all their other cards, and nowhere in the terms does it mention you need one either.


 


you dont need to have large amounts of money in your checkings to get this card. however you can get the $74 AF waived if you got at least 50k in the bank.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 18 of 46
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig


jsickz32 wrote:

YahComb wrote:

LittleCat wrote:

On the other hand, I went from a secured $500 BoA in 2009 to a 5k limit now. And just got the BoA Cash Reward Privlidge card at 10k. Theyve treated me very very well.


littlecat, do you have a checking/savings with a large deposit? i think i remember someone not being able to get the privileges cash rewards because they didn't have enough in their deposit accounts. I find that odd since it has an annual fee and you can apply from the main website like all their other cards, and nowhere in the terms does it mention you need one either.


 


you dont need to have large amounts of money in your checkings to get this card. however you can get the $74 AF waived if you got at least 50k in the bank.


right that's what i said, but this person said BOA was telling them you need the large deposit just to have the card in the first place, which made no sense to me. I figured it was just a misinformed rep but AFAIK they never got the privileges card.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 19 of 46
Established Member

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Sig

What are the benefits of the card? I know its a $75 AF. Do you think i can PC to Privilege even when I was approved today for cash rewards sig? 

Amex Gold (NSL) 9/12
Chase Freedom (2200) 5/12
Citi Thank You Pref. (7000) 4/12
USAA AMEX (4000) 11/12
BOA VISA SIG CASH (5000) 12/12
Amex Gold Small Biz (NSL) 11/12
Message 20 of 46