Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards question

tag
estukay
New Contributor

Bank of America Cash Rewards question

Hello everyone. 

I wanted to apply for the bank of america cash rewards visa but i dont know if i should wait a little longer. 

Any input is appreaciated. 

I have a citi card since last july, and a discover it card that opened in february. the fico score on my discover is 732. 

Do you think i have a chance at getting the boa card? Income 9.5k as a student. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards question

@estukay wrote:

Hello everyone. 

I wanted to apply for the bank of america cash rewards visa but i dont know if i should wait a little longer. 

Any input is appreaciated. 

I have a citi card since last july, and a discover it card that opened in february. the fico score on my discover is 732. 

Do you think i have a chance at getting the boa card? Income 9.5k as a student. 

I think so, income might be only issue, check terms and conditions... some credit cards have minimum income of $12k/year

Message 2 of 9
estukay
New Contributor

Okay, well I'm going to pull the trigger. If it goes south, should i call recon?

Message 3 of 9
Mcast1018

I think you should have a pretty good chance with them.

Before I applied for mine I froze my Ex so that they would pull TU. ( Had 7 INQs from Ex and only 1 from TU) . When I applied my TU was 705 according to my Discover statement. Transunion is typically their second option if they cannot access your Ex.

& yes, always call for Recon. I doesn't hurt to do so.

Message 4 of 9
estukay
New Contributor

Okay, thanks. My only worrie was that since I applied for discover last month, i dont want them to think im applying everywhere. Well Im at the confirmation screen.

Ive had an account with them since 2011 so hopefully they see that lol.

Message 5 of 9
estukay
New Contributor

Okay, well im at the confirmation screen. Kind of nervous lol. I was just concerned since i applied for discover last month. But since ive been a customer with them since 2011, i hope they see that lol

Message 6 of 9
Mcast1018

@estukay wrote:

Okay, thanks. My only worrie was that since I applied for discover last month, i dont want them to think im applying everywhere. Well Im at the confirmation screen.

Ive had an account with them since 2011 so hopefully they see that lol.

When I was approved for my BofA I had 4 new CC's that were less than a couple months old. Maybe that will give you a little bit more comfort Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GO FOR IT!

and yes if you need, recon... I don't call 2 or 3 apps seeking to much... sounds perfect to me!

Message 8 of 9
advocate1
Established Member

If you have a checking and/or savings account with B of A, they are generally pretty loose with credit cards. They check the amounts you keep on deposit as proof you have enough income. If you got Discover, B of A should be no problem. Discover is much tougher to get an approval from. I have their regular Americard (2800CL) and their Travel Rewards card (2500CL). Went on an app spree over the Spring and now have $15,000 revolving credit (mainly GE Capital). Waiting until 2015, when the INQ make less difference, then going for Chase Freedom or Sapphire Preferred, plus CLI on all others.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.