cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Checking/Savings/Credit Sign Up Bonus?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Bank of America Checking/Savings/Credit Sign Up Bonus?

Is the $100 Sign Up Bonus the best offer out for both Checking and Savings New Accounts with Bank of America without TONS of cash deposit??

Was debating BofA as a better choice than Chase for local checking to replace my partners Wells Fargo and cover us above Navy since we don't have branches near.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Checking/Savings/Credit Sign Up Bonus?

I'm happy with my BOA checking/savings. I've had them 6-7 yrs. now. With direct deposit, there is no fee. I have a low income (now) and even get to single digits occasionally. I like the keep-the-change thing, and keep enough in my savings to keep my overdraft protection at a level I'm comfortable with. Transactions show up in my account quickly. Deposits made by 8 or 9pm (can't remember which) are included in the days accounting, and at the end of the day, deposits are calculated first, before debits (important for me, my last bank did them last which really messed me up.) I've never used the bill-pay feature, but I have transferred from savings to checking and it's instant. I also like the mobile apps on my iPad and phone. When I do travel, I've found BOA ATM's are everywhere, so I've never paid an ATM fee either. I don't have a BOA CC yet, I'm a year out of BK, and I'm not up to their standard for that yet. There are a lot of branches near where I live and worked, so even though I rarely have to visit one, that was a big criteria for me when I first opened my accounts and didn't have direct deposit.

Anyway, that's my BOA experience.
Message 2 of 3
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Checking/Savings/Credit Sign Up Bonus?

I am also very happy with my B of A accounts.

I've had a checking and business account with them for a few years now. 

I recently closed my Wells Fargo checking account and made my B of A checking account my primary.

Like @Countingpennies, I love that they include deposits made by 8PM in the days accounting, and then calculate them first before any debits.  That's one of the main reasons I dropped Wells Fargo because they don't do that.

I also love the ability to transfer between accounts so easily and a lot of my friends have B of A too so when we are buying concert tickets, etc., we can easily transfer money to each other's account to pay someone back.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.