Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Closed my card

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Closed my card

ugh!!! Dang it CA! Sorry about this!! Knowing you, you were on that BD# about it pronto. Hope maybe it can be reopened for you. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

The analyst that is reviewing now said that I have $15,208 on 15 accounts.

90% of it is paid in full each month... it's my monthly spend... I'm not revolving even 1%.

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:

Good to know and thanks for sharing the information that BoA considers this to be beyond their comfort level. Some would not think $15,000 is too high, especially if it is 1% utilization, but it's good to be aware of. Thank you for sharing, CA. Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 54
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry it happened, CA. Smiley Sad

BoA can be very sensitive to having " too much available credit."  I'm a current Cash rewards card customer and have had no issues with it, but their EO suggested to me to reduce overall credit before applying for their Alaska Airlines card.  EO said that BoA is sensitive to having too much overall available credit.

I wouldn't do it for BoA specifically, but planning to have my overall available credit down to 170k or so by end of 2017, because that is my goal of where I'd like to be personally. Streamlining and consolidating is a good thing in any event. Smiley Happy

I think most lenders have a certain threshold for available credit and once you pass it you become a risk. Too much available credit can definitely be a red flag, not just with BOA but in general. So it pays to be cautious choosing cards, going for CLIs, etc. Even if the EO rep hadn't told you, I think it's good practice anyway to keep things streamlined.

Message 13 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry it happened, CA. Smiley Sad

BoA can be very sensitive to having " too much available credit."  I'm a current Cash rewards card customer and have had no issues with it, but their EO suggested to me to reduce overall credit before applying for their Alaska Airlines card.  EO said that BoA is sensitive to having too much overall available credit.

I wouldn't do it for BoA specifically, but planning to have my overall available credit down to 170k or so by end of 2017, because that is my goal of where I'd like to be personally. Streamlining and consolidating is a good thing in any event. Smiley Happy

I think most lenders have a certain threshold for available credit and once you pass it you become a risk. This is something most people on MF don't like to discuss, but I think it's a very real policy with most lenders. Too much available credit can definitely be a red flag. So it pays to be cautious choosing cards, going for CLIs, etc. Even if the EO rep hadn't told you, I think it's good practice anyway to keep things streamlined.

Oh for sure... but I feel most of the time banks are concerned about their internal limits with them since they are in competition to be the bank you use the most if they don't see other flags... but when you throw in the INQ's and new accounts now it becomes less about competing for the highest limit for me to use them more than chase but to closer look at things going on.

Message 14 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

That totally sucks!!! Smiley Frustrated

Thats's so Bush League. Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 54
ddemari
Super Contributor

Sorry ca. Boa closes me out last year and their monthly account reviews don't help any of us out that have a lot going on new tradeline wise.
Message 16 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UPDATE: Review done after TU unlocked my report and account will remain closed for the following reasons:

1. Account balances in relation to account limits to close (This one sends me through the roof)

She mentions 2 accounts (5/3 $9k out of $9500 my BT currently being used, and Ashley Furniture $2700 to $3500 my mattress that is 0% for 68 months and I already pay triple the minimum payment.  I said on your left-hand you complain I have too much available credit, but your right-hand gets mad about 2 accounts that make up .5% of available credit and that are 0% being too close to limit!!

2. Excessive Inquiries.

So I cut up the card and we have parted ways now... sigh... I really thought I was building a long lasting relationship with them when they unsecured me early and cli twice patting me on the back for my handling of accounts and how much credit I had... now whoever analysed this time felt the complete opposite of the previous 2 which is the only reason why it's really frustrating because I got someone more conservative than the other 2 and reversed all previous decisions in one swoop.

Message 17 of 54
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I know it's not what you want to hear, but if you truly want to build long relationships with the issuers, the best thing to do is to stop applying and let things age. Use the cards you have and show that you want them.
Message 18 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I know it's not what you want to hear, but if you truly want to build long relationships with the issuers, the best thing to do is to stop applying and let things age. Use the cards you have and show that you want them.

I am!

Issuers just have to stop launching new cards I must have Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 54
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I am!

Issuers just have to stop launching new cards I must have Smiley Tongue

i hear ya lol! 

Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.