cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Card Graduation?

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Credit Card Graduation?

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

My account has the blue hyperlink now....do you think it graduated, or do you have to call in for that? Should I hit the link? If it is a HP, I ain't touching it.......I've been gardening for 7 days and I got a long ways to go!

BOA has been doing good things lately.  My CC was a secured one with CLI of $300 and had it graduated and approve for a product change.  So this what happened.  I called them up and ask for a graduation since I had the card for a least 14 months.  The rep said if I want graduation only and not requesting CLI then it would be a soft pull.  If I want CLI then it would be a HP.  So I opted for the graduation only with the soft pull.  Got my deposit back about a week ago. So I have my first ever unsecured Credit card.  I'm planning on hitting that "request for credit line increase" link pretty soon.  Hope this helps.  Please keep us posted on your progressSmiley Wink

Thanks Kento! Congratulations on getting your card unsecured! And thanks for the information.....I don't really care about an increase on mine, I just want it to graduate! LOL

Well then just go in for the soft pull.  You want the number?  How long have you had the card.

Kento, I have had my card 6 months. What number did you call? Do I just ask them if my card is elegible to graduate?

Message 11 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Is 6 months a long enough period of time?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLivin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

My account has the blue hyperlink now....do you think it graduated, or do you have to call in for that? Should I hit the link? If it is a HP, I ain't touching it.......I've been gardening for 7 days and I got a long ways to go!

BOA has been doing good things lately.  My CC was a secured one with CLI of $300 and had it graduated and approve for a product change.  So this what happened.  I called them up and ask for a graduation since I had the card for a least 14 months.  The rep said if I want graduation only and not requesting CLI then it would be a soft pull.  If I want CLI then it would be a HP.  So I opted for the graduation only with the soft pull.  Got my deposit back about a week ago. So I have my first ever unsecured Credit card.  I'm planning on hitting that "request for credit line increase" link pretty soon.  Hope this helps.  Please keep us posted on your progressSmiley Wink

Thanks Kento! Congratulations on getting your card unsecured! And thanks for the information.....I don't really care about an increase on mine, I just want it to graduate! LOL

Well then just go in for the soft pull.  You want the number?  How long have you had the card.

Kento, I have had my card 6 months. What number did you call? Do I just ask them if my card is elegible to graduate?

Unfortunately I think having the card for 6 months is not enough time to be considered for account graduation. But you can certainly call them. Here's the # I called 1-866-781-2215.  Keep us posted

Message 13 of 15
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I can provide a little more insight, when i clicked the button at 6 months old it gave me the normal CLI form which asked for my income, job title, etc. I filled it out and got a nice CLI a week later and reconn'd to my original request with ease - $500 to $5K. My card was also $99/500 secured.

My buddy who also has his account for 6 months and was fully secured $300/300 also showed the CLI button however upon clicking it, it asks for a further deposit to increase the limit.

From what I understand if you get a normal CLI form you probably have a decent chance at graduating.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 14 of 15
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

OP, did you request the CLI? Did you graduate early?
~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.