Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Cards-Adverse Action -Advice needed

tag
IamABanker

Bank of America Credit Cards-Adverse Action -Advice needed

Hi All,

Very long story that I'll try to make short. I had a BOA Travel Rewards CC (that used to be a FIA serviced card originally issued by FIA as an agent for a bank that was taken over by the FDIC). Anyways, I had a balance on this card of about $3K for almost 4 years due to only paying the minimum. My CS's were all crap -as in between 550-600 over this time frame. In the last 6 months I have really hard and upped my TU FICO to 638 and EQ FICO to 640. My EXP FICO is 593 as of this month via PSECU as there is a CO off that report only that I am working on getting removed.

I paid this BOA card down to ZERO on 12/19/14 from $2857 as my card APY was 20.24 and thought that would look good to BOA, I was wrong They closed my card on 1/8/15 after an Account Review. They used TU for the AR and the reason given was a "Pattern of Late Payments" which is utter BS as far this decade. I have not ANY 30 day lates report since early 2009 on any account that I own. Logically, BOA should have closed my card when all of scores were crap but I know that logic and credit don't always belong in the same sentence. I am not happy at all.

I was wondering of anyone else has had this happen to them recently and if they were successful in getting BOA to reinstate their account? I had one previous non-account closing related issue on this same card that I took to the CFPB and BOA admitted that servicing error in writing and corrected that for me pretty quickly so I have the direct phone number of the BOA Exec Office Team that handles CC issues tied to CFPB complaints. Should I call them on Tues to see if they can or will assist or file a new CFPB complaint over this issue? I have absolutely no interest in speaking to call center people at 800#'s that have no ultimate power to really do much. I am not sure the weight of the CFPB can get BOA to reinstate my card either but I'd rather try then do nothing at all

I appreciate any and all feedback on this situation.

Thank you.

Steve

PS. The card was originally openeed in June 2005 and had NEVER EVER been late or anything close. Only that 1 servicing issue ever other than FIA ratejacking the card up to 20.24 from 7.9 about 6 months or so after the original bank that they were the agent for went bust.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Credit Cards-Adverse Action -Advice needed

Banks are not big fans of minimum payments going on for years. This kind of payment pattern is what brought you to the attention of Accounts. Usually, they will either lower your credit limit, or, as happened with you, close the account. But they will only do this after you've paid in full. My advice for you, is to clean up your reports. I don't see any other recourse. Bank of America, imo, will not reopen this acount, until you do. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.