Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Question

tag
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Question

I just got off the phone with a BoA senior credit annalist who raised my CL from 1000 to 2500(what I asked for). Her main focus was that I made ontime payments to BofA and that they were larger than the minimum-usually 6x the min. 

Message 31 of 58
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

It says call for an instant decision. BoA is BIG on talking to you before they grant the increase.  They just have you confirm-say yes to what you have listed in your income and years of employment.  The great thing is that you are talking to the person who is actually making the decision so be prepared to state your case if need be and don't be shy!! Once you hang up the phone it's done.  Good luck!!

Message 32 of 58
ontop
Regular Contributor

After reading very carefully in this thread, I've decided to give it a try. Last night, clicked the luv button and requesting a 3k CLI then went to bed. Woke up this morning checked my online account and nothing happened. Later this afternoon, checked it again -- 3k CLI.

So, the action of click it and forget it really work.

Thanks the OP and everybody Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 33 of 58
Smug
Established Contributor

How long have you had the card?
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 34 of 58
ontop
Regular Contributor

@Smug wrote:
How long have you had the card?

One year and this is my first ever dare to bite the bullet to left-click that luv button. Without following this thread first, I won't have the gut to do it though.

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 35 of 58
EC341
Established Member

Ok, I've had my Platinum Plus Visa for years. Hit the cli button just now and it's telling me my request has to be more than my current line? What?

There was a problem processing your request.
  • The credit line requested must be more than your current credit line
Message 36 of 58
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@EC341 wrote:

Ok, I've had my Platinum Plus Visa for years. Hit the cli button just now and it's telling me my request has to be more than my current line? What?

There was a problem processing your request.
  • The credit line requested must be more than your current credit line

To me, it reads like it's saying that you requested a new CL that is the same or lower than your current CL.

Did you maybe make a typo when entering the requested CL?

--and I think that you enter the total figure that you want to wind up with, not the amount of the increase.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 37 of 58
EC341
Established Member

Yes, maybe I misread. It says enter the amount you request. I did not add that to my current cl.

thanks

Message 38 of 58
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

SUCCESS!!!

today i requested a CLI from bank of america, and i requested 7300 specifically; i was approved instantly and didn't even have to make a call. i checked experian and equifax, and so far nothing has come up either hard or soft. so i am crossing my fingers hoping that when i pull up truecredit tomorrow, it will confirm that there was no hard pull. i probably could have asked for a higher credit limit, but i am being conservative about this as i want to appear well but am careful not to overdo it as i still want to appeal to capone and first national bank of omaha. 7300 is a milestone as it is the higest limit i have ever had with bank of america. (before in 05 when credit was loose, i had 7000)

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 39 of 58
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

NO. sad sad... i accidentally request all three reports and scores for 30 dollars just to find out that BofA hard pulled my transunion. very sad. so now i am out 30 dollars AND i have a stupid hard pull on my transunion. sad sad sad... Smiley Sad

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.