Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Email

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Email

I just got this today:

Congratulations, because of your excellent history with us, we're increasing your credit line to $3,000. It's our way of saying thank you.

If you have any questions, please visit
www.bankofamerica.com for all your account needs. Remember: Always look for your Sitekey® image before you enter your passcode.

We value your business and are committed to helping you achieve your goals.

Unfortunatly my credit limit is already at $3000.00 and has been for over a month. Smiley Mad

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-29-2008 04:02 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America Email

I would call them and ask what that's about then, more please!!!
Message 2 of 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

This is pretty common w/ BofA.  At some point it happened to both Cheddar and me.

I think it's just their way to 'remind' you that you can spend with the card, lol.

Actually, I called when I got the email because I was like "say wha??" -- and they just told me, "Yup, you're now at 5k -- still."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 8
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I got the same latter a couple of months ago. I called and thought it was a CLI for 12k , told it was a mistake letter, then tried to get a CLI of some sort out of it. No dice.

Some sort of common problem/mistake.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I kept getting it, too.

But at lest you have excellent history!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

They are very slow with their notifications. Every time my GF gets a CLI, we know about a month before the paper trail arrives, because we pay all of our bills online. Sorry to hear they got you all excited over nothing. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was raised in June, and I have received the same 'notification' every other month since mine was raised. I also made a large payment last statement period which took away 70% of the balance. Even funnier, all of my credit card companies contacted me the same day with some type of 'reminder' or offer to get me to start raising my balance...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go online your account is updated immediately and you get the letter quite awhile later.  I still get notices of "your new credit line is" six months later.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.