cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Executive Office - Success!!

tag
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Bank of America Executive Office - Success!!

So to give you all a brief background on this situation - I opened a secured card with BoA because obviously I wasn't eligible for a regular card. A year a half passes and the reps are still telling me I can't upgrade it or get an increase. I hold out a little bit and send the EO an email/phone call/snail mail... NOTHING back. I get so upset that I just cancel the card.

About 3 months pass and I'm still lit up about how much time and engegy I wasted with them. I spent about $2k on the card a month, making multiple payments. You would think they'd see that and reward me? No.... So anyway, I file a complaint with the BBB. The EO contacted me the next day. I give her my employment info, reiterated my request for it to be reopened, converted and raised to $5k. She just called me back 5 hours later and told me they were able to go ahead and do all of it! I am so beyond surprised it's not even funny... It's BoA! haha...

I think when you go the BBB route, the EO wants it handled better and quicker because they want to keep their rating.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bank of America Executive Office - Success!!

Message 2 of 8
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Thank you!

I certainly recommend anyone in the same situtation to go the BBB route. BoA loves their rating!

Message 3 of 8
NyaBuksh
Regular Contributor

Wow! Congrats!!!

I was wondering if I should try that to have them reconsider my applications.

Message 4 of 8
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I doubt that the BBB would consider that their refusal to approve an application for credit is a valid complaint. That is truly more of a business decision than a customer service activity. I have never filed a complaint with the BBB though so I guess you could be a guinea pig for it. If it works then forum members will be swamping them with complaints.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats the jumps you had to make paid off 

Wooo Hooo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 8
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! well worth the effort!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats on that.  It is a shame that we have to use the BBB to make companies do the right thing.  I do also agree that using the BBB can be a better path for all though as it makes the point more public and puts a direct connection with their actions.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.