Contributor
Mopar_Jones

Bank of America Executive Office - Success!!

So to give you all a brief background on this situation - I opened a secured card with BoA because obviously I wasn't eligible for a regular card. A year a half passes and the reps are still telling me I can't upgrade it or get an increase. I hold out a little bit and send the EO an email/phone call/snail mail... NOTHING back. I get so upset that I just cancel the card.

About 3 months pass and I'm still lit up about how much time and engegy I wasted with them. I spent about $2k on the card a month, making multiple payments. You would think they'd see that and reward me? No.... So anyway, I file a complaint with the BBB. The EO contacted me the next day. I give her my employment info, reiterated my request for it to be reopened, converted and raised to $5k. She just called me back 5 hours later and told me they were able to go ahead and do all of it! I am so beyond surprised it's not even funny... It's BoA! haha...

I think when you go the BBB route, the EO wants it handled better and quicker because they want to keep their rating.

09Lexie

Re: Bank of America Executive Office - Success!!

Contributor
Mopar_Jones

Thank you!

I certainly recommend anyone in the same situtation to go the BBB route. BoA loves their rating!

New Contributor
NyaBuksh

Wow! Congrats!!!

I was wondering if I should try that to have them reconsider my applications.

| NFCU Flagship $7,000 | NFCU nRewards $8,500 | NFCU cashRewards $8,500 | NFCU NavChek $7,000 | Chase Ink Bold $7,500 | MECU $1,000 | CapOne Spark $650 | CapOne Platinum $500 | Bloomigdale's $800 | Macy's $300 | QVC $700 | Lowes $800 | Banana Republic $400 | Walmart $700 | Paypal SmartConnect $600 | TJMaxx $500 | Shell $500 | Apple Visa $1,200 | ExonMobil $500 | Chevron Texaco $500 |

Starting: 550 FICO (October 2012)
Current: 668 EXP, 701 EQ, 668 TU (USAA)
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

I doubt that the BBB would consider that their refusal to approve an application for credit is a valid complaint. That is truly more of a business decision than a customer service activity. I have never filed a complaint with the BBB though so I guess you could be a guinea pig for it. If it works then forum members will be swamping them with complaints.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

Congrats the jumps you had to make paid off 

Wooo Hooo

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

Congrats!!! well worth the effort!

last app: 4/14/14---Barclays US Airways (10k)---US Bank Flex Travel Rewards (7.5K)---no more applications till September (Amex Delta)

cards in wallet for daily use: Chase CSP(15k), BofA Privilege(30K), Amex BCP(2K), Green, Discover (8k)
cards for travel: Citi AA WEMC(20K), Citi Prestige(11.5K), Chase Ritz(20K) or Marriott(5K), Barclays Arrival(5.5K)

Established Contributor
bernhardtra

Congrats on that.  It is a shame that we have to use the BBB to make companies do the right thing.  I do also agree that using the BBB can be a better path for all though as it makes the point more public and puts a direct connection with their actions.

Credit is just like a video game. Some people have already gotten the experience from other games. Others, well they just have to learn. You go out on a quest. If you die or get wounded you just restart from the last save point or heal. Unlike a video game, we don't have a last save point or magic potions to heal instantly.

So maybe one day we will get a SIMs credit game so we can prepare better for real life.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+