Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Gold Option Loan Account credit line decreased

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Gold Option Loan Account credit line decreased

I just received a letter from B of A this morning. They have reduced my line of credit from $32,00 to $29,00. They state in the letter "this decision was based partly on information provided by the consumer reporting agency named below."  Good old Trans Union.

Hmm, could it have something to do with me taking advantage of an offer of Chase for a balance transfer before they become obsolete?

I used to be 768 on Trans Union a few moons ago. They are all in cahoots to justify their high interest rates. No more Bank of America for me, I'm taking out my savings and other things and will switch to Chase until they pull a stunt like this. Never missed any payments in my life, it's a joke!

Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America Gold Option Loan Account credit line decreased

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received a letter from B of A this morning. They have reduced my line of credit from $32,00 to $29,00. They state in the letter "this decision was based partly on information provided by the consumer reporting agency named below."  Good old Trans Union.

Hmm, could it have something to do with me taking advantage of an offer of Chase for a balance transfer before they become obsolete?

I used to be 768 on Trans Union a few moons ago. They are all in cahoots to justify their high interest rates. No more Bank of America for me, I'm taking out my savings and other things and will switch to Chase until they pull a stunt like this. Never missed any payments in my life, it's a joke!

Smiley Mad

All that for this? That's just plain silly. And moving to Chase? ROTFL. Think twice before acting. You might avoid a serious mistake. If you feel compelled to move try a nice CU. Were I you I would maintain the status quo. You got a love tap. Best to let it pass.

Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Mad

They reduced it by $3,000? Heck within the past year BOA reduced my LOC from $26,500 to 0. So things could be worse right?

7/09
TU-742
EQ-779

Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO. 

Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I also have a BoA Gold LOC. I'm going to check and see if they butchered my limit.Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A love tap -- that's a cute way of looking at it. But the point was that I have CD's and savings in this bank if they are doing it to me, they will pick on other's as well. And once creditors see this they all chime in, let's face it our fico score is only great as long as we don't touch our credit lines, it's all smoke and mirrors!  A FICO MIRAGE!

Message 5 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It is hard to expect perfection from issuers these days. If you do you are bound to be disappointed.

Did it occur to you that if you had not had the CD's and other deposits in the bank they would have totally closed this account down? These are hard times. Best not to up end the cart over a trifle. And this is a trifle.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-18-2009 03:00 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.